Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!@@

Graham Lawrie

On to my 9th battery and disaster. Lost control of the 550e. Tail just started whipping round no control and it crashed:(

Tail slider bolt came out on one side.Fell down in long grass.

Damage so far:
Canopy destroyed
Main blades.
£100 just like that:(
20140615_174719.jpg
20140615_174657.jpg
20140615_174704.jpg

20140615_174719.jpg

20140615_174657.jpg

20140615_174704.jpg

Graham Lawrie

Wee update:)
Main umbrella stripped gears. Full strip down:
Tail was notchy so stripped it thinking it was shaft, turned out umbrella had moved on the bearings.
Changed bearings and all seems ok.
Midnight here and she is good to try again soon:)

Barge

A bit nasty that, sorry to see that happen Graham. The canopy looks repairable mate, you can buy woven roving mat that weighs 50g per square metre and a 2 pack epoxy resin which remains flexible when it cures which takes about 6 hours, very strong to boot. It looks like the large break will realign with a bit of work. The mounting hole is a piece of cake to fix. Use light weight body filler to finish the outside and try and match the paint or put a sticker over it. I built and repaired fibreglass boats in the past and have used the above system to repair planes and my 450L canopy, the mounting holes became elongated in a couple of tip overs.

Just a thought

Graham Lawrie

Thanks Barge, I am going to make repairs to the canopy:) Need new blades though:) not as bad as it first looked but annoying that a wee bolt caused so much hassle:) That said I was putting a lot of strain on her:)

danhampson

Yeah going to try the 550mm and a set of 100mm tails to match, I hope to be ordering them @ the end of next week.

I've read good reviews of them (the few there are) and they are a really attractive price.

I thought that they would help keep crash costs down abit when I put her in.

Graham Lawrie

Good info I might do the same:) My Mrs is on holiday next week, so I was planning a few sneaky parcels for delivery when she is away:)

danhampson

That sounds like a plan graham. I'm just glad fastlad is only a 30 min drive.
There stocked @ midland and align-trex as well mate if fastlad hasn't got your size.

Graham Lawrie

That sounds like a plan graham. I'm just glad fastlad is only a 30 min drive.
There stocked @ midland and align-trex as well mate if fastlad hasn't got your size.
Ordered mine tonight Dan from FastLad along with tail blades , canopy, front umbrella gear, and blades for my 450:)

danhampson

Let me know how you find them Graham. Im going to drive over next friday to pick mine up and stock put on some spares for the 550.

What size mains and tails have you ordered ?

Top Bottom