No flying

treff

Despite the awful weather here and no flying with the helicopters it as given me chance to finish my quarter scale ASK 18
which should be ready for those nice Summer evenings. Just the wings to cover and a few odds and it will be ready
for a maidenASK!8.jpg Bit to big for a quick flight in the front room.

ASK!8.jpg

murankar

Staff member
That's looks to good to put in the air. Very nice. How you launching it?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

treff

That's exactly how you launch this glider, with big arms. Climb to the top of a mountain or large hill or very near the top and launch this soarer into the wind.
No towing or high starts just a gentle placing into the air, well almost LOL My mate Dave runs like the clappers and chucks this glider straight out and with a little luck and a good COG it will fly. Well that's the theory. Luckily here with live close to mountains and the coast so can sling it off either if conditions are right. Strangley I have just brought another glider but more state of the art as it were from a friend. I' m doing more fix wing building than flying helis at the moment and the wife is complaining because I'm running out of room. Last week I was so tempted to by a 700n on ebay but talked myself out of it. I'm still waiting for Real Flight Sim to be delivered, seems to be taking a long time from the US. Still something to look forward to. Cheers

Ken Jackson

Drinks keeping tipping over, LOL

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Just make sure someone videos your buddy launching it? I gotta see that

treff

Thanks guys. Did a bit of a paint job on the nose today, should have left things alone LOL still you wont see the overspray at 2000 feet. Had a few flights with both helicopters also today and I must say
I really prefer the heli with the fly bar. It flies so well, smooth and on rails, really like it a lot. The other flybarless is still quite twitchy although I have toned it down some. Still all good to learn on
just roll on a few days of good weather. Cheers

Top Bottom