Setups No flying distance

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I wasn't sure where to post but I'll try here. I'm having problems keeping my signal from the camera on the Holybro Shuriken 180 to my Eachine VR/D2 goggles. I can only got about 100' before losing connection from 180 camera to the goggles. Doesn't make sense since the camera on the 180 is supposedly better then the camera on the whoop. My whoop I can go 100 yards before showing any sign of losing vision. I don't have auto search on the goggles. I'm trying to find a combination between channels and frequency that will work. Is there any thing else that I can do to make the 180 go father without losing reception. Any advice would be appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
If this is a 25mw camera/tx combo, and you have trees and such in the way, then that is about normal. But check your antennas, one may be damaged. Might try replacing them and see what happens.

Stambo

Try a different channel or band.
Look at the instructions for your vtx and vrx and make sure they are set the same band and frequency.
Some of the frequencies are really close together.
Failing that you could try putting the quad further away to where it starts having issues and going through all the bands and frequencies on your goggles to see if you find a better one.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks guys. I did switch camera view from 25mw to 600mw since I fly alone. The goggles, I've got that down,it's the band and channel setting on the quad it's self. Default setting has it at F1. Race band is Band 5, Fatshark is band 4 and now I'm left with A,B and E band. If I go with the lowest frequency, I get the best signal. So if that's true, my lowest frequency is 5645MHz which reads E4. I tried that idea and it's about the same, maybe less. Mr Derek said he will Skype on Mon or Tues. There's too much info and #'s that has my puny little brain short circuited :biglaugh:

Tony

Staff member
The lower the frequency, the better it can punch through objects. Are you 100% LOS or are you flying obstructed?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Tony. Yeah, I'm flying obstructed. You mention that's before. I'm going to try a wide open field tomorrow afternoon. The 180 camera is at 600mw instead of 25mw. I'll see how that goes. Should I switch the camera view back to 25mw when I fly around the house?

Tony

Staff member
No, when you are flying with obstacles in the way, you need the extra wattage. It's against FCC rules, so just know that, but more is better lol. Might check the soldering joints and your Rx antennas as well.

holtneil

Hi guys if its at his house cant he put a booster antenna at the back of the house to give better coverage

holtneil

Yes like that and run a cable from the antenna input to an antenna at the back of the house so its like a booster station

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks to everyone for their help. You aren't going to believe what I'm going to tell you. I had problems from day one, as you know, with the camera reception and goggles. After trying different things out, I found out what the problem was. There's a VTX power switch that I can go from 25mw to 600mw. You use this jumper to do that. Well after many hours pulling my hair out, I'm Short on hair to begin with Lol, the freaking jumpers where installed the wrong way from day one. The jumpers from looking at other Shuriken 180 on videos, the jumpers are installed parallel with the frame not horizontal. It blew my mind when I saw this. It came that way from the factory. To make sure I switch the jumpers like there suppose to be and did a run. Well dip me in shit and call me stinky but it works just fine. I'm telling you's that these quads don't like me one bit but there not t going to get to me, not just yet anyway. Lesson learn and I hope it helps others. Thanks again and now I can do videos.

Top Bottom