General No elevator control

treff

I wonder if anyone as come across this problem before. I was doing hovering practice with the helicopter at around 2 foot off the ground when It started pumping up and down without me giving any input what so even. The heli jumped up about 4 feet then down, then up again. I chopped the throttle for a heavy landing. Can anyone give me a pointer to what could have happened. The weather was good, no wind so I discount this. This was pitch change but without any input. Any ideas would be gratefully received before I trash the head. Thanks guys. Cheers

Lee

First, and it may sound dumb, but i gotta ask. Are the main blades on the right way around? :) Don't laugh, it can happen :D
Is the main shaft collar secure?
I would be looking at the servos>RX>TX Sounds like a glitch in the Matrix. Check your monitor screen to see if the inputs are smooth.

Westy

LEGEND
I think you mean collective control..... ????? elevator is forward and rearward direction of the heli

Derek

something i'm curious about...maybe it could happen....are all of your servo's fastened securely? could there be a loose servo?

treff

Thanks for the replies guys, it's really appreciated. I will check all of the above. I am having no luck at all with this helicopter. I'm learning a lot about building and strip downs but not getting enough flying. I am going to strip it down and rebuild completely with a new head. If I have the same vibration problems then it is going to hit the rubbish bucket. I will then save my cash to get something that is better engineered. Thanks again. Cheers

Top Bottom