Spektrum No DX8

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello, just like to know if anyone else heard this? They have discontinued selling Spektrum DX8. I checked with a couple of places and sure enough, no more DX8? Can anyone verify if this is true or not? I Need to know before I purchased this Tx. Thanks for any help.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Holy crap, what is up with that? I never heard a thing about them pulling it. Looks like ebay is going to be your friend if you still want this Tx...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-DX...077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c88e73625

Hey Tony, No I'm just going to purchased the DX6 instead for the flying i do. I'm glad i didn't purchased the DX8 last week like i wanted to. Just strange how everyone has good things to say about the DX8 and how good it works. Then the next thing......Bang! and it's gone. No excuse either on why they discontinued this TX.

callsign4223

Staff member
It was discontinued because it was old technology. It has been replaced with the DX9, just like the DX6i was replaced with the DX6. They are just refreshing their lineup.

It doesn't mean the DX8 is bad, I have one and love it. It just doesn't have all the cool new whiz bang features like wireless buddy boxing and voice warnings. I have no intention of upgrading my DX8 to a 9 because there are no new features on the 9 that I want.

Derek

I have no intention of upgrading my DX8 to a 9 because there are no new features on the 9 that I want.

Same here! I love my DX8. It works very well. It's comfortable. Yes, the wireless buddy box would be nice but we're doing just fine with the buddy cable. The voice alerts....I have no interest in that. My flying buddy has the talking DX6 and it's just annoying, to me, lol.

Mascogo

The DX8 works fine flying scale. That's an advantage over the 6. I'll not buy the 9 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admiral

It is my understanding the the DX8 can not run the later BIOS (Basic Input Output System) that the DX9 and above run, the BIOS is the software system that sits under the Airware software system and can only be upgraded by Spektrum Techs, so the DX8 has reached the end of its development capacity or they don't want to spend the money on developing for two systems in parallel. The DX8 is a great Tx and if it is working well keep using it with confidence.

Slobberdog

I had the DX8 in my one hand the DX9 in the other, I ended up going for the 8, only thing I wish the 8 had is the diversity antenna system

Top Bottom