Sailplanes Nitroplanes Masala Kit Sailplane Glider Electric RC 4 Channel

I have been looking at the Massala Sailplane at Nitroplanes. http://www.nitroplanes.com/23a05-masala-kit.html It is rather large with its 11.5 ft. wingspan. Nitroplanes show it as a 4 channel but all the videos and the distributor out of Singapore http://www.singahobby.com/?q=node/23068 show it as a a 5+ channel with flaps. Obviously with a plane that big flaps would be advantageous. The price for the plane through Nitroplanes is about 1/2 that of the Singapore distributor. The only thing the Singapore guys throw in are the motor and prop set. The problem I run into is that Nitroplanes recommend a C3528 870kv brushless motor by Multiplex but they do not carry the motor. Search as I might, I can not find that motor. Multiplex doesn't show that motor either. They do have it in a 700 and 1000kv size for around $60.00. The guys from Singapore recommend a Tahmazo ER2828/1000 Brushless Motor for around $129.00. Both motors have a 5mm shaft and a 35mm diameter. What I am looking for is an appropriate motor that doesn't cost and arm and a leg that I can get here in the States.
V-Pro Masala.jpg

V-Pro Masala.jpg

Thanks Toni. I looked at that Big Foot motor as a possible motor for that plane. Now all I have to do is work out the prop size and I will good to go. The Big foot will handle a 3 or 4s lipo.

Tony

Staff member
Well there you go. Two 25 size motors lol. The eflight is longer, and the one that you posted in teh OP has a can size of 35OD x 55L. So the eflight would be closest.

Thanks Lee. I like the color scheme on the Nitroplane model a lot better and the price is great too.yhst-17210252890263_2272_81856454.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Derek. I will look at that one also.

- - - Updated - - -

Other than the length and weight difference what is the advantage of the longer can?

yhst-17210252890263_2272_81856454.jpg

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
That looks like a nice ship, too bad it has motor.......:friendly_wink: Just messing with you! Never heard of this design before, but looks like the weight is in the ballpark to make a pretty decent thermal chaser.

Derek

These motor gliders are awesome fun. I guess it just depends on your preferences. High start launch...aero two...winch...

Here is my motor glider:

Photon1.jpg

Obviously its a scratch build, but it's just nice when I want to go to the flying field and throttle up the motor..taking the plane up 100' or higher, shut off the throttle and just glide around...nice and gentle....slow and easy. I'd love to buy a plane like this but I'm just to afraid of crashing such an expense.

grampayeehaa...I do hope you can figure out some sort of motor for your bird. I'd love to see some video of that.

Photon1.jpg

Unfortunately I have to be content to be a flat lander. Although I live in Southwest Oregon, All the slopes are covered in trees. Now if I wanted to travel a 100 miles I could use the cliffs along the coast. Right now I have permission to fly at a local, lightly used, municipal airport. Good thermal activity over the tarmac.

Interesting looking glider. We all fear crashing our planes. When I started out flying again I was in near panic every time I went up.

Top Bottom