General Nitro motor blow by

FF781

Should there be a lot of unburned fuel dripping out of the exhaust. The motor is a 32 os max. Iam running 30% heli fuel.

Thanks
Dave

Tony

Staff member
Yes. Oil coming out of a 2 stroke engine means you are getting plenty of lubrication. If you lose oil and smoke, then you are running WAY too lean.

FF781

Ok thanks. I thought it was normal but I just wanted to make sure and I didnt know what was to much.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
How much is a lot..? Pouring out as a steam or dripping slow drops

Pouring out... No... Till you are running stupid rich.. Like during break in or something or after engine flooding

My helis drip a a few drops right after flight and then a very slow drip., point is ... Yes like tony say, you should have some always but too much is an indication of a very rich motor , and basically wasting fuel

FF781

No it isn't poring out. But it blows out a fair amount when it is setting in a idle position. I will try to take a video tomorrow so it is more clear. I don't think it is a issue. I have only had a nitro for about a month or so and just gettin good weather to run it.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, sitting at an idle I have been know to put a pretty good puddle on the ground.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he left himself WIDE open there!.. who's gonna take this opportunity!!

Top Bottom