250 NIGHTMARE!!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
HAHA.. wel.. tony named it for a reason. It really is a nightmare. LOL. finally after receiving my TX (ct6b) from hobbypartz... i went ahead and tried to connect everything.. trim everything and get it in the air. Well... three major blade strikes and one almost burnt servo later... the little thing finally caught some air time. i hovered it... it was all over the place.. needed some serious trimming. The servos are not centering right sometimes.. but i donno.. might change them out for mg90s ones if these keep giving me issues like that... apart from that..

now there was a serious blade tracking issue. as i suspected and as tony suggested, i checked the main shaft , feathering shaft and all for bends... also replaced the blades with carbon fibre... the main shaft looked fine but i just wanted to be sure. The feathering shaft was perfeclty fine. But it was good i took the main shaft out.. the jesus screw was stripped and bent.. that kinda surprised me. but hey.. its a heli these tihngs happen... lol.. some screws were loose in the linkages going to the blades.. got them tight.. now.. its TAIL... remeber when I said almost burnt servo.. ?? well.. the stupid tail servo gets stuck in almost a wee bit less than 90% of full throw.. and gets stuck there.. rudder stick movement gives me like a mm movement right and left.. checkd the wires.. disconnected and reconnected it to the gyro.. everything.. same issue. Any one heard of an issue like that?? or experienced it.. ?? i disconnected to push rod to see where it goes caus eit was getting hot trying to push hard getting to the 90 perc throw postions. Well... it was just stuck... i am not sure what to do with it.. i might try another servo out... but issue is it is gonna be an analog servo... now how do i change the modes in a ga250 mems gyro?? and how do i know that its not the gyro but hte servo... ?? little help here... (esp tony) :)

NIGHTMARE BEGINS!

Tony

Staff member
Don't put the mg90s servos on the cyclic, they are too big and there was a reason I took them off. If you want better servos on the cyclic, put the EXI D213F on there. The tail was working fine, I think it's that cheap Tx. I told you to wait for the DX6i cause I know it works on there. When I had it, there was no tracking issues at all with it. Not sure what that was all about. And, I didn't know about the screw either, or I would have replaced it.

The gyro is setup for that servo, and it's perfect. Put that heli on the shelf until you get your DX6i back.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I know it was fine when you had it.. M just not gonna give up so easy though.. Lol. I gotta figure this out... If I find out it's tx.. Well then I got nothing no loose.. If not I'll have to put a mg90s on the tail.. Let's see..

Tony

Staff member
You can NOT use an analog servo with that gyro. You will burn it up. You have to use a digital servo.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
AGAIN!! NIGHTMARE HAS DID IT AGAIN!!!

spent an hour and a half setting it up.. gyro ASSAN GA250 .. i think just quit.. had to change that.

The settings tony gave me I finally put them in dx6i, apart from everything working in the right direction, and stuff, the subtrims were not at all close to center... not to blam tony here, he had just changed the servos with plastic gear.. well anywaz... the servos took me a while to center.. and then a swash link had broken wayyyy back when... so i had to mess with it that time, didnt sit level or something.. tried to to get it as level as i could, but thats one of the things i am not good at :levelling" just doesnt work for me.. lol.... decided t do a maiden. the heli wanted to go left.. like bank left not just because of the usual heli going left at spool up thing, but serious banking.. I trimmed it out. then heli wanted to go back.. tried to trim it out, but last attempt, it flew at me and so i tried to save myself, and hence.. heli on the ground broken.. battery slit by the carbon blades. one blade flew like no tomorrow.. bent flybar, feathering shaft, broken tail. ahahahahha.. NIGHTMARE!! luckil I have a boat load of parts coming in from HK tomorrow. but, still, I HOLD MY STATUS "crash master" and the heli holds its name "NIGHTMARE"!! Its the best combination ever!! haha... well, also a nut that holds the blade grip to connect to the link (inside the ball link) that flew away for some apparent reason.. THat was WIERD!! I had tightened it before when trying to get it to hover with ct6b.. but it came off... somehow i have a feeling that the metal used on the head is very soft... but lets c how it goes...

its funny... It maidened with CT6B.. had serious glitches but still, and died with dx6i!!! hahahahaha.. I came to work with 3 working helis and a plane.. going back home with 2 working helis.. rest grounded.. hahah

RCD

Glencairn Drone
That sucks..... The battery broke open? Was it on fire? "I came to work with 3 working helis and a plane.. going back home with 2 working helis.. rest grounded" What plane got grounded?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes here was definately smoke from the battery... Burned me a little too... Lol.. Threw that away... And the sukhoi is grounded until I get the main shaft... :) I broke it in a asphalt nose dive

Tony

Staff member
What link was it that was broke? All links on the head were in good condition.

And if you don't like that gryo, send that sucker back to me so that I can test it out.

Top Bottom