Quad Next quad build

WyDiablo

Well guys I have decided on my next quad build and I"d like you opinions on the items that I have selected for the quad.

Rc-Drones We sell RTF Multi Rotor/UAV/MultiCopter Kits Parts
Rc-Drones - Voltair 60amp Micro Power Distribution Board
DYS 40A OPTO ESC V2(Simonk Firmware) [DYS 40 OPTO ESC V2] - $20.99 : FOXTECH FPV SYSTEM

I will also have full FPV gear below:
600W readymaderc vtx
600 tvl camera
3S 2200 battery for vtx & 600 tvl camera
Gopro 3
(2) 3S 5000Mah for main copter flight
With this set up I should be able to get around 10 + minutes of flight time running apc10"x6 props on AMP2814 700Kv motors

Last edited:

Tasajara

Seems pretty good...
Only thing that seems maybe a bit over kill is the 2200mAh battery to power the camera and Vtx.
They don't pull to much current. A 1000mAh would probably be more than enough to power it for many flights.

WyDiablo

Yea, i dug around and found a 2S 1100 battery so I might use that for my 600TVL camera. So the rest seems do-able to you. i have been playing with the ecalc spread sheet until I'm about to go nuts. Also been throwing different models together to see what flight times and weights I get and that turns into a nitemare.

Last edited:

Karubah

What are you thinking of using for a flight controller? That's one very good guad frame and will be looking forward to the build pics and vids. Lol

Stambo

Also keep in mind if you drop the voltage to 2s the range/power of your VTX will be less.
Just a thought... ;)

Really, I thought they were regulated down to 5v so no matter what you hook up to it as long as it's over 5v it's sufficient.
They are rated at 6 to 25v 2s to 6s.

WyDiablo

Well I went over to readymaderc and read the specs for the 600W vtx and it says 6 to 25V 2S or 3S so according to them a 2S 1100 would work.

Tasajara

I guess it depends on which VTX you use... So many to pick from. Yes the better ones use a Internal voltage regulator of a switching type so there is no extra power to dissipate when powered from 3 cells.
It will run a little cooler on 2s so it is what ever fits your needs
It is one of those things you have to try , fly on 2s see how the picture looks and your range then try a 3s.

WyDiablo

Yea my 600Wat vtx does have a switching regulator and I have been running on a 3s so I might try a 2S and see how it fares.

Top Bottom