Newby Wanting to learn heli setup and flying.

Rudy

Hi all, I joined today to be a part of this great forum. I am completely new at this heli thing. Hope to get a lot of information from you guys and gals.
I really hope you people have a lot of patience LOL.
Rudy.

Tony

Staff member
Patience is our middle name lol. If you have a question, just post it up in the correct forum and we will help you out!

:welcome1:

Derek

Glad to have you around, Rudy! Don't worry about "patience". We'll get ya sorted out. Take your time and browse the forum. When you come up with questions, and you will, just ask. There are many "heli" guys here that are very knowledgeable.

Lee

Welcome to the forum Rudy.
All the info you need is right here. Videos and Articles that explain everything you wanted to know.
If you can't find it, we will point you in the right direction :)

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Welcome, Rudy! I can tell you first hand, you have landed at the right place. The people on this forum are great and will help you be successful in all your heli needs!!!

:welcome1:

Barge

Welcome aboard Rudy, what neck of the woods do you come from? you'll love it round here.

Rudy

Welcome aboard Rudy, what neck of the woods do you come from? you'll love it round here.

Hi Barge, I come from Vincentia NSW South Coast Australia. What about you ?. Oh and thanks a lot for welcoming me into the club. Sorry I took so long in getting back to you. I have just purchased a 3GX system for my heli and still waiting on some Digital cyclic servos that was ordered this week. Yes I crashed my 450 pro the first day I flew it LOL. I do have some spares but it seems that one of the servos on the cyclic gave out while I was practicing. I bought the heli second hand from a guy in Nowra. What do you have Barge ?.
Kind Regards
Rudy.

Barge

Hey Rudy, if you check my post it's all on the bottom of it what I fly, I live just out of Fremantle. The best way to describe flying a heli is it is like balancing a ping pong ball on top of a bowling ball. If you don't have a simulator I suggest you get one and practise your orientation flying, tail in, nose in, left & right side, you thumbs need to react without thinking about it and the sims are good for that. Cheers

Rudy

Hey Rudy, if you check my post it's all on the bottom of it what I fly, I live just out of Fremantle. The best way to describe flying a heli is it is like balancing a ping pong ball on top of a bowling ball. If you don't have a simulator I suggest you get one and practise your orientation flying, tail in, nose in, left & right side, you thumbs need to react without thinking about it and the sims are good for that. Cheers

Hi Barge, Thanks for the advice. I recently bought one and am already using it. I also bought a Spektrum DX6I radio, BUT I think that I made a mistake buying the DX6I, I should have bought a DX7 or a DX8 because I believe with the 3GX I still have to use a receiver with sat. You know Barge I thought I did all the reading possible before I went out and spent the money. Anyway you know what they say ? if it can happen it will. Anyway Barge, its really nice to have someone to converse with. Ok I wont bore you anymore, I will check out your post.
Regards
Rudy.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, Thanks for the welcome. It certainly seems like I did.
Regards
Rudy.

Barge

Hey Rudy, the DX6 will be fine, the experts here will help you out no problem there, Spectrum is very popular here, all you have to do is ask in the appropriate forum. I went and bought my heli not long ago and I then found this site and I am lucky I did, the knowledge here is first class. Tony's videos on setting up the 3GX and the heli is first class, as all his wealth of information posts are. You will not bore me or anyone else on this site so feel free to ask about anything.

If you click on the persons name in their reply post found in the top left hand corner of the post, you'll find a link in there that you can view all the post that member has put up, WARNING, if you click Tony's posts it may crash your computer, he has over 20,000 of them LOL.

Have a great day.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
You had better have a good internet connection and a full pot of coffee to read all of my posts lmao.

Top Bottom