Newby first forum message - greetings from Wales, UK

obiwan_k80

Hi all,

Just want to say a big thanks to Tony for the YouTube videos, excellent. Looking to purchase a TREX ALIGN 450 as a first "big-boy" helicopter. Flown a few smaller helicopters but wanted to see a few videos on how to setup a 450 with my Spektrum DX6I.

Hoping to purchase an used heli in the next few weeks, I could buy new but I want to learn the setup and maintenance of a heli and help me understand futher. I expect it to have a few bumps and scratches by me, and I expect to search this forum for further info. Expect a few newby posts when I finally get a help

Thanks all, TimG

Tony

Staff member
If you purchase new, you will be forced to actually build the helicopter. This will help you more than getting a used heli. I have made the decision to not purchase anything else used because of the issues that you will always have with them. I highly suggest that you get new if you can afford it. You will be money ahead in the end.

Welcome to the forum. If there is anything that we can help you with, just let us know.

:welcome1:

Derek

Hi there obiwan! I have to agree with Tony, for sure.

Yes, I used helicopter will save you "some" money and yes, there will parts of the helicopter that will help you learn about it all. However, by buying a new one...you will learn how it all goes together and works together from step 1. Although, you have to do what you can afford. If possible, save up a few extra bucks and get a new kit.

Anyway...welcome to the forum!!!

Slobberdog

Hey Tim welcome from sunny S Wales,

I think Tony hit the nail on the head, with anything second hand you are taking a chance, and as Tony also said you will gain so much more experience by building it,

What Trex you looking at getting, as a lot of the old versions out there are not being part supported and you will have to upgrade as you have things break or wear.

treff

Welcome Tim from the part of Wales that's not so sunny lol. Good luck with what ever heli you get. It's a great hobby, sometimes frustrating
but very rewarding...........................oh and by the way, you never going to be rich now that you discovered rc helicopters lol. cheers.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Tim welcome to the forum from Scotland. It is ok to do both options providing you know the heli history. But if money is not an issue, buy new and learn how to build it can be as rewarding as flying:)

Top Bottom