Blade 400

Hi,

I have been trying to fly my E-flite Blade 400 helicopter for a couple of years now and need help with setup (I want to know how to install and setup better servo`s) and also info on repairs after a crash. I have only had one bad crash which has made me a careful if somewhat nervous flyer, I am trying to learn slow circuit flying, I can hover well and am practising diagonal movements before attempting a skinny figure of eight. A local hobby shop repaired her so I don`t have any experience about setup. I have recently purchased an Mcpx and Nano that I hope will enable me to practise indoors (the weather here in Wales UK is still poor)

Thanks

Blade 400

Admiral

Hi Blade 400 welcome to the forum, sound like your journey is going about the same as most of us went through, it does get better and normally all of a sudden.
Do you have/use a flight simulator, they take a lot of the pain out of learning, secondly you near to learn how to setup and repair you own helicopters, firstly it gives you a better understanding of them and secondly it saves a heap of money.

have a look through the RC-Help videos they will help you with most aspects of building and repair.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1: Blade 400 and I couldn't agree more with the Admiral on a flight simulator :agree:. Most newbie get disgusted & discourage with this hobby because of the constant crashing and $$$$ it cost to repair the heli :sorrow: The sim is cost and crash friendly :yahoo:

Blade 400

Hi Blade 400 welcome to the forum, sound like your journey is going about the same as most of us went through, it does get better and normally all of a sudden.
Do you have/use a flight simulator, they take a lot of the pain out of learning, secondly you near to learn how to setup and repair you own helicopters, firstly it gives you a better understanding of them and secondly it saves a heap of money.

have a look through the RC-Help videos they will help you with most aspects of building and repair.
Thanks Admiral and D.O.G for the welcome and good advice :thumbsup: Do you know of any free Sims that are compatible with my Spektrum dx6i tx please? I don`t think my Win 10 laptop is up to running a graphically demanding package as the graphics card is built in. I`m trying to install new faster servos at the moment, should I upgrade the Gyro too?
Tony`s videos on YouTube look really great for learning to fly and setup ;) Cheers
EDIT: I looked at the Simulators forum and bought Clearview! It looks good, I just need to figure out how to tweek the settings to make the Blade heli`s fly like my actual models?
Another EDIT: Clearview is great for my current level of flying, I`m sure it will help me advance quicker than before - cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom