Newbie to RC helicopter

makarthur

Hi Everyone,

Just get started with rc heli for 3 months, both my Wltoys v912 and v977 are waiting for replacement parts. So mostly fly simulator now.

v912 tail motor has burnt out. v977's rotor head was broken after crash.

Currently, thinking about TREX450 build, figuring out the way forward. Your idea and suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Admiral

Welcome to the forum, the way forward is to keep practicing on the SIM then go the 450, there is a world of difference between you Wltoys and a CP 450, I went from Co-axial to 300 size it wasn't until I got to 450 that I really learnt to hover properly.

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to RCH!!! As Keith stated, practice on that sim as much as you can. Getting a 450 is a great idea. They are quite stable for their small size, and once you get over that learning curve of the 3 axis gyro (of your choice), you should have a very stable helicopter.

:welcome1:

makarthur

Welcome to RCH!!! As Keith stated, practice on that sim as much as you can. Getting a 450 is a great idea. They are quite stable for their small size, and once you get over that learning curve of the 3 axis gyro (of your choice), you should have a very stable helicopter.

:welcome1:

The spare part of my v977 arrived. I am flying in 6 axis mode (claimed by Wltoys), unlike to 3d mode, it is very stable. As I just get started, I believe I should continue practice the 3 axis mode so that I can hover the TREX450 with confidence.

Top Bottom