Newbie over here...

OxThorxO

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the hobby...i don't own an rc now..but i'm looking into building one throughout the year...I'm enjoy putting together things so...I will go against the smart thing to do that is buying a built rc to start with.

Glad that i found the site, looks awesome and full of information.

Thanks.

Smoggie

Hi OxThorxO,

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you will find lots of good advice here. So exactly what type of RC are you interested in... planes, helis, cars, boats.. ?

OxThorxO

I'm interested in building an Offroad truck. I have access to a few places with lot of open fields, my parents live in the contry side, so lots of places for an offroad truck. I'm close to the beach as well, 45 min drive and i could be blasting sand away!!

I also like a lot the concept of the rock crawlers but I think that might be a later project. I don't even now if it is possible to build a nitro crawler, i've seem only one nitro crawler in you tube.

Tony

Staff member
You could build one with a nitro engine, but you would need a little more gear reduction than what the stock kits usually provide. And you would need a large supply of clutches because at low rpm you are going to burn them up quite quickly.

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

Top Bottom