General (Newbie) My trex 250 shuts off while attempting to lift!!!!!

dcmjtrex250

Ok so apparently one issue leads to another with this small heli but I'm loving it. Yesterday I crashed and the heli would just spin on the ground in circles. I solved this by fixing the gear mesh for the tail gear. Today i give the heli enough throttle for it to lift about 4 inches off the ground and the heli shuts off and lands(motor stops spinning too). After that the 3gx mrs starts up again and goes through the usual startup beeps. Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this? Because of this issue i cant even practice hovering! Thanks in advance.

1. Fully charged stock lipo
2. New batteries in transmitter
3. Never touched the low voltage or throttle cutoff settings on the heli which are
still set to standard
4. 3GX MRS:Align T6 Transmitter
5. Stock servos
6. TREX 250 Plus DFC

Tony

Staff member
something is causing the ESC to shut off power to the 3GX. Double check your battery and make sure it's charged and the battery cells are all equal on voltage (balanced pack). If that is all good, check each servo to see if there is something binding. That can cause an amp load that can and will shut the system down.

Make sure the head and tail spins smooth. I'm talking REALLY smooth. There should be no binding or rough spots when spinning them.

You had said that you "fixed the gear mesh". Did you fix the gear mesh, or did you push stripped gears together? If the latter, that could be your extra draw. I would highly suggest waiting for your new gears to arrive. As stated in the last thread, safety first.

xokia

My 250 did this also and it ended up being the linear BEC in the stock ESC is just a piece of junk.
I swapped that out for a CC 10 amp SBEC and never had the problem again.

Top Bottom