Trucks New Traxxas Gps 6551x

Newbie3.3

I just installed my GPS on my T Maxx 3.3. The green light came on and I thought all was ok. The system then did a frimware update and now the GPS is solid red. I have tried uninstalling the app, rewiring, and using fresh batteries. I even tried unbinding and then rebinding the Reciever and transmitter. Still have a solid red light on the expansion for the GPS.....anybody have any ideas. Or is a call to Traxxas needed???

Tony

Staff member
I never even knew about this module on these trucks lol. Learned something new today. But, the information out there is limited so I'm going to start with, do a factory reset on it and see what that does. I'm sure Traxxas will want you to do this as well. If that doesn't work, I would call them and see what they say. The firmware update may have messed something up and if it is still under warranty they will send you a new one, or should.

If you do find a solution, please post it here so we can help others in the future.

Below is what I found in the manual about restoring factory defaults. I'm not even sure if this will help the GPS, but it's worth a shot. Again, this is all in your manual on page 28 if you want to do some reading about complete TQi setups. And obviously I'm just spitting in the wind with this one. Hope it helps.

Starting Over:

When programming your TQi transmitter, you may feel the need to start over with a clean slate. Follow these simple steps to restore the factory settings:

Restoring Factory Defaults
  • 1. Turn transmitter off.
  • 2. Hold both MENU and SET.
  • 3. Turn transmitter on.
  • 4. Release MENU and SET. The transmitter LED will blink red.
  • 5. Press MENU four times. The transmitter LED will blink red five times.
  • 6. Press SET to clear settings. The LED will turn solid green and the transmitter is restored to default.

Newbie3.3

Thanks tried that, didnt change the status. Looks like a call to Traxxas tommorrow evening is in order. Will update after speaking with them.

Newbie3.3

Sent an email to Traxxas, evidently is a more serious problem as they have asked me to ship the telemetry expander back to them.

Top Bottom