500 New to the Stable, Dominator 450L

Admiral

I have just purchased a used and abused Align 450L sold on a local site for spares or rebuild.
It is three months old and been crashed, comes with everything except the 3-Avis gyro (BeastX V2), battery holder, & Torque Tube but it has quite a few damaged parts on board. I paid A$140 (Abt US$100) so regardless should get value out of the electrics, they can't all be bad.

Photos are from the sellers listing.

2528670.jpg 5589470.jpg 6075034.jpg 8385793.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Interesting to see it torn apart like that. But yes, that was a great price on that bird. Keep us posted on how things go with it.

Admiral

Well the package arrived and the initial inspection done, pleasant surprise being two canopies, both with small cracks but both very serviceable.
The swash plate needs replacing, the anti rotation pin has snapped off flush and the previous owned has attempted to drill it out, the swash linkages had badly bend bolts which had damaged the outer bearings and the top main bearing was very notchy, luckily I had some of them in stock, really that is about it for damaged parts.
Along with the damaged parts I ordered a set of blades and a torque tube, the battery holder was missing but not in stock with my supplier so I'll have to look elsewhere.
The main shaft and feathering shaft supplied appear to be new as is a set of front torque tube drive gears supplied but not fitted.
I've decided to go with all original equipment including the BeastX V2, which I've picked up new in still sealed pack for about half price.

Further inspection revealed no frame or any other damage, the tail rotor assembly is not very smooth resulting from the over zealous application of locktite, so I'll have to strip that down and free it up.

Smoggie

Looks like a good buy, just needs some TLC and she should be good as new. Is it the 3S or 6S version?

Geena

Staff member
For $100, you can`t go wrong. Once you get it rebuilt, it will be brand new again. So it was definitely a gre4at deal. I can`t wait to see some flight videos. :)

Admiral

Hi Greena, 6S version waiting for the batteries and battery trays to be delivered, should get them tomorrow, other parts have arrived busy installing and fixing the tail rotor assembly.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Very nice deal you came across Admiral. I think the 450L is compared to the X3. Have you decided on a motor or does it have one already?

Admiral

Hi D.O.G. It came complete with the Align 460MX (1800KV) motor the 6S ESC, DS450 x 3, & DS455 tail servo the only things missing from the Super Combo Kit were the broken parts and the BeastX and battery holder.
Worked on it most of today and it is getting close, still need the batteries and battery holder may get it in the air this weekend weather permitting (which is doubtful).

Smoggie

She looks like new, nice work. It must be all the more satisfying to turn someone's pile of dismantled bits that they have obviously given up on, into a beautiful 'like new' heli.

Admiral

The maiden happened this morning, rain held off long enough to get a couple of flights in.
A couple of minor hiccups on the way, but nothing major.

The only issue that it seems to have is dropping the tail, does appear a little bit tail heavy so I may add some weight to the front, I used a 1550 mAh battery that was supposed to help with the tail heaviness of the 450L but hasn't seemed to have worked.

holtneil

Well done mate would you it would fly well check the CG of the heli the battery may need to go forward a little if it can

Top Bottom