New to the RC world

ud3webdev

im looking for a hobby, im looking for something that allows me to build, upgrade, and building custom parts, and then have fun. i have a few questions though:
im interested in working with the gas cars im not sure what the actual name of the type of class its considered.
whats the actual cost of this hobby?
and basically where do i start?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

sorry should had probably mentioned the RC gas trucks

- - - Updated - - -

sorry also are the gas ones good choice for off road?

Tony

Staff member
There are so many things you can do in this hobby that it's almost unconceivable. But first I have a question. Above you are saying "gas". Do you mean gas, or do you mean nitro? those are two totally different fuels, one (gas) just just like what you would put in your weedeater with a two stroke engine. Nitro is a mix of Methanol with a small percentage of Nitro Methane and some oils. By far the nitro is more expensive at about $30 a gallon.

Now we get into talking about the different brands. If we are talking nitro, you are talking Team Associated, Team Losi, Traxxas, Keosho(sp) and MANY more. If you are talking about Gas, then you are looking at some of the 1/5th scale stuff. These are big cars and require a lot of land to play with them. Plus, the servos and such are much more expensive than they would be for a 1/10th scale or even an 1/8th scale.

It all depends on what you are wanting to do. Anything can be had for on or off road, nitro, gas or electric. It all just depends on what you want in a vehicle, and what you want to spend.

And with all of that said, we have not even touched on aircraft...

stokke

Welcome to the forum :D

The RC hobby is the greatest, you're gonna love it.
Good luck!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi welcome to the form! I run a Traxxas 3.3 t maxx. It's loads of fun! You can buy a new one from about $400.00 to $450.00 depending on what kind of deals you find. You can spend literally thousands on aftermarket parts. It's all up to you and what you want. There are plenty of deals out there on used ones but, buyer be where! They are usually beat to hell and you've got to do some fixing up! Lol. So any help you need just ask.

Top Bottom