600 New to the 3GX I need advice

tperk

I have just ordered an align 600 nitro Heli and it comes with the 3GX three axes Gyro. What I would like to know is there any advice for using an Aurora nine radio. I plan to use a nine channel dual antenna receiver. If anyone has any advice on using the high tech Aurora nine radio, please advise me. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to add in my original posting, can you do all the setups for the 3 GX including the DIR from my PC.

murankar

Staff member
As long as you use the right RX you should not have any major issues. The only issues you will have are the normal 3GX issues. Personally I would upgrade the 3GX to something else. Other than that should be fine.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

You can't do the setup from pc, it's a tx setup and pc tuneable unit, you can tune from the tx stick inputs but it's easier through the pc,

The 3gx is not very vibe tolerant, I had three but now don't use any, on the nitro I would go for one of the best vibe handling gyros like the vortex vx1n or vbar

tperk

Is there some problems with the 3GX? There seems to be a lot of videos out for them, I would think with so many videos out there some one is liking it, or maybe not. May I ask what type of problems are there with the 3GX? Please let me know.

murankar

Staff member
Tail issues, issues with being on the ground. What ever the latest update is seems to be doing well. 3.1 had ground issues and 4.0 had tail issues that just could not be tuned out. A lot of 3GX owners on here (RCH) have converted to something else, mostly ikon.

With 3.1 if you get the heli off the ground prior to full head speed you were fine. If you left it on the ground until full head speed your heli would eat itself.

4.0 tail issues would surface during tail demanding moves. It would kick out on you. Some members have tried just about everything to tune it out and have not been successful.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

tperk

Thanks to all of you for your help. I have not yet received the 600 nitro with the 3GX yet, I plane to use v5.0 on my set up, I hope that will be a better ver. This will be my first fly bar less Heli. I have been flying heli's since the 80s and I do some light 3D.

Derek

I was a bit skeptic about the 3gx but I thought I'd try it out with my 450. Version 3.1 cost me some money. Just like it's mentioned above, you really have to get the helicopter off the ground as quick as possible because 3.1 would over-compensate for the ground vibes and the helicopter would tip over. I did learn to get the helicopter off the ground rather quickly and the 450 flew very well, once in the air. I never did use 4.0, so I can't give an opinion about that. Now, I have v5.0 on my 450 and I very much like it. I can spool up all the way through my Normal Mode without issues. I've even gone so far to flip into Stunt 1 and Stunt 2 while my 450 is on the ground and the 3gx and helicopter behave very nicely.

The 3gx isn't "terrible" to set up. Tony has a series of "setup" videos here on the forum. Very easy to understand and follow along. The pc tuning part is pretty good. I don't use it much anymore. I have the Ikon on my 600 Pro and I plan on getting an Ikon for the 450 and passing the 3gx on to someone else.

Good luck!!!

tperk

Hi Guys I am going to use a HiTec Aurora 9 radio on my Align 600 nitro heli with a 3GX gyro, I am not sure if I need to rebind my receiver with the 3GX plugged in to the receiver, the receiver I will use had all ready been bound to my radio. I was not sure if that makes any difference using the 3GX gyro with HiTec receiver, I was looking at the setup video and it had talked about binding the 3GX with your receiver. Please help me out on this, I am new to the 3GX.

Top Bottom