Trucks New to RC's and need help!

bfornengo

We got the Redcat Rockslide RS10 For my 11 year old son for Christmas this year and withing 2 days the gears in the servo stripped. We were told to get metal geared servo's and that wont happen anymore or at least not as fast, but me being new to the whole Rc hobby I dont know what to get I looked at servos online but how do you know which is the right ones and the right size? Please help there is not any people around here that can help!
thank you

Tony

Staff member
If you are wanting something cheap just to get it running again, something like THIS would work. It's not very fast, but it will work. If you want cheap and a little faster, go with THIS one.

However, if you want something that lasts, go with something like the Spektrum S6040 which is what I use in my Rc Truck. Very fast, very accurate and very strong. Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
I'm basing this off of the fact that it's a 1/10th scale truck and "should" run standard size servos.

I have a hpi Baja and when I start it the throttle servo jumps and rev and dies when the engines off it acts normal what could be the issue and what should I check please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee

First measure the dimensions of the servo you have in it.
This will give you a starting point as to which servo to use.
Most servos are specified as to what they are used for, ie, Car steering servo, Helicopter Cyclic etc.

Top Bottom