New To Rc-help

David H

Hello all,
North Louisiana here. Have been in RC 30 or so years. Mostly airplanes but have flown hell's also. Currently have the EF MXS 70cc, just sold a 70cc Mamba from flex innovations, and have the goblin 630 and 700, both electric. Not to familiar with the heli setups. Currently the 630 is on Futaba, but have switched everything else to Jeti.(DS24). Had lots of help with both heli setups and have actually never flown the 700, only flew for setup last year at Apache Pass in Texas.
Will be transferring the 630 setup to Jeti, hopefully starting this weekend.
Anyone with help on the jeti heli setup is welcome to give me a shout. (will be using the IKON flybarless).
Good day to all.
David

Smoggie

Hi David, that's a class hanger you have there!. I cant help with jeti but i do have a friend who uses the DS16 and loves it. If you are stuck with anything i could run the question past him

David H

sounds good and thank you smuggle, I have sent a message to "Geena" at one of the admins. recommendation.
Ill holler if i cant get anything there
Thanks

David H

OK,
got the 700 and 630 ready to maiden/remaiden. Wish me luck in the coming weekend.

Anyone in Louisiana/north Louisiana on here.??

David H

no video....
remaidened the 630 only.
Had a nooby mistake that caused it to die.
Was really worried about the tail setup, gyro settings etc. Did not pay attention to the aileron direction enough. They were reversed. At liftoff, everything was great, no tail wag...LOL, then started to drift left , sooo right stick input and over she went. Will assess the damage and decide to rebuild or not. On initial, need: skids, canopy, boom, i would assume and entire head setup but dont know, tail looks ok but has a linkage missing, and servo arms. All servoes appear fine, IKON untouched, motor seems ok, ESC??not physically damaged, receiver ok, batteries ok, the frames appear not damaged.
Will have to tear down....evaluate cost of replacement parts...not sure about replacing the entire head, that would put the cost way up there.

Any input appreciated.
David

Admiral

Bad luck David, sorry to hear that.

Skids, boom and blades probably they always make it look worse than it really is add to them Main shaft and feathering shaft and you almost back in the air.
Hell that's only a flesh wound, I would patch the canopy if possible, it's not going to effect the flying and at this stage and pre-damaged if you have another incident, when you have it fully under control bang a new one on then.
Good luck with the repairs

sneezy007

Welcome to the forum David. Sorry to hear about the crash. We've all been there at one time.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Dino

Smoggie

Sorry to hear this, i guess it's a harsh lesson about the value of pre-flight checks. A friend of mine had a similar crash on his 630 and the most economic fix in his case was a second hand airframe, it might be worth keeping an eye out for one.

Top Bottom