New to hobby

kyle-rhys

Hello I'm kyle I'm from Norfolk UK, I'm 25 and Im now starting to get into rc scene, lots of questions to be asked and advise when needed will be appreciated, got in rc as I was recently given a broken hubsan lynx which I repaired With some glue but obviously rebroke fairly quickly, have new body on order for that now, I have brought myself a V913 only had one go with it so far but seems to deal with outdoor flying much better so I look forward to learning with that, want to get better before using blade 200sr x I have sitting on shelf, then hopefully move onto bigger stuff but I'm in no rush and know things take time, also have a baja V2 as I'd like to get into buggys bit more but wanted a cheaper starter and it's fun, cheers

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the hobby. You are right in the fact that it takes some time to learn how to fly helicopters. Just stick with it and it will come to you. And as always, ask questions when you have them. We are always happy to help.

:welcome1:

Smoggie

Hi Kyle,

Welcome to the forum and to this wonderful hobby. RC helis are the hardest branch of RC to master but that does make them very rewarding when it does start to 'click'. A PC RC flight simulator is a good tool for learning the basics, they are pretty realistic. A small cheap quad is another good learning tool, they are much more stable than a heli and harder to break but the basic controls work the same way, so skills learned on a quad do transfer over to a heli, at least to some extent.

Top Bottom