New to Heli's

Seajays

Old guy in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada just starting out in the Hobby. Will need to do lots of reading. Just got a DX6i

stokke

Welcome to the forum, "Seajays" :D

My advice: get a simulator program, preferably Phoenix flight sim or Realflight.

Seajays

Well I have watched a few videos, but I can't get it to go into Set up list, only Adjust List. Do you have to bind it first ?

Adam

Ok it goes into adjust list automatically when you click the menu button and adjust list should be the very last one when you scroll down. And no you do not have to be binded cause i just tested it out cause i am adding another model. Are you planning on setting something up or just learning the tx capabilities?

stokke

Isn't he asking how he can get into the main set-up (heli/acro, model name, etc)?

If so, you power off the device.
Hold the bind button which should be located at the back of the Tx (transmitter), at the same time power on the device.
This should take you to main set-up.

Main set-up allows you to enter for example a new model (Heli or Plane), give it a name, and a couple of other settings.

Not sure if this is what you wanted... LOL

Tony

Staff member
Stokke, the DX6i is different from the 7s/8. To get to the setup list, click the wheel to go into the menu. Scroll all the way down and you will see setup list or something to that likeness. The new DX6i is different than the one that I had (dsmx vs dsm2) so things may be a little different. But most should be the same. Let me know if you can get into it.

Seajays

Ok Guy's , finally got it. Just wanted to set the contrast to make it a little easier to read. I will do the backlite mode when my parts arrive.

BOKI

HI Seajays from Alberta Canada; I also have a new helicopter & I am waiting for a guy to set up My Trex 450 SE for 3 weeks now! All the nice weather will be gone pretty soon where I live! Temperature getting down to 48 degrees at night already! But sunny & 75 to 78 degrees during the day! Hope to start learning to fly soon! My club is having a annual plane & helicopter display at VYS Peru Illinois Airport plus local pilots are flying people for $25 per flight Tomorrow Sunday & breakfast also! Sorta a fun day for everyone & the weather is suppose to be sunny & 78 degrees! Hope I can start learning to fly soon! I am a Private Pilot & use to fly out of this Airport VYS airport name in PERU ILLINOIS! Runway 100 wide & 6000 Feet long! Has a real nice airport office & shop & many nice hangers ! Only has small Aircraft & some jets ! Guess I better sign off & good luck learning to fly ! BOKI ILLINOIS TIME 3:43 Am Sunday! THE BEST to you SEAJAYS !

Top Bottom