New to helicopters

rwhwwi

I was not planning to buy a helicopter but when making a quadcopter deal I made it part of the sale. So here I am.

My name is Bob, I live half way between Toronto and Ottawa Ontario, in the middle of no where.

Retired Teacher / Automotive supplier tech

Blade 450 3D

250mm Quad with FPV

Radian Plus

J3 Piper

No Name float plane, I live on the water.

I found this site, while looking for Blade 450 3d Swash plate information. It seems to go down to increase the pitch, go figure, I had to get one that is backwards to everybody else! So that is how I got here.

RWHWWI
WWI Robert W Hlywka
WWI Call Sign

Bob
VE3WWI

Tony

Staff member
Hey Bob, welcome to RCH! Sounds like your quad purchase gained you a nice little fleet lol. The Blade 450 is not a bad helicopter, unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of dealing with it. But I do think the swash is right in that it goes down to increase the pitch. But, they are still a 450 helicopter so no matter what, we can always help.

That J3 should also be a blast to fly. It's one of the few scale planes (apart from something like the Cessna) that flies very easily. I'm trying to get one from my vendor as a matter of fact.

The 250 quad you are going to have a blast with. I just hope it's not a Walkera Runner 250... Long story.

If you have any questions, just post up. We are always here to help.

:welcome1:

KLA

Welcome to RCHELP, Bob! You're right about the Bkade 4503d swashplate moving down to increase positive pitch. It can be very confusing. The setup is the same as any other 450 as long as you remember that the swash moves down, not up. That happens cause Blade uses trailing edge control on a lot of their helicopters, which means that where the link hooks to the blade grip will be on the back edge, or "trailing edge", of the blade grip. If it is really that much of a problem, you can take the links off of the blade grips, take the blades off, flip both grips 180°, and reinstall the blades and the links with the links now on the front of the blade grips, or "leading edge" of the blade grips. If you do this the swashplate will move up for positive pitch like most normal 450's, but you will have to reverse some of the settings in your transmitter also.

Hope I didn't confuse you. It's really not as hard as it sounds. It's actually very easy. If you need any help with anything or have any questions just ask and we will do our best to help.

Last edited:

trainrider06

howdy Bob, I bet its beautiful up around there, but cold as a well diggers.....well you know.
Yeah as Keith says you can flip your grips, I know its kinda confusing since the ones like Align work the opposite, believe me with my Aligns and working on them and then going to the Blades to do something I gotta think a minute on em so I don't get all jacked.
But welcome to the forum!

sneezy007

Welcome Bob, it's nice to see another Canadian on here. I live in Alberta. Lots of great people to help on here.
I just got into FPV this year, it's a blast.

Cheers,
Dino

Top Bottom