New to forum

aquwaman

Hi all, I found this forum looking for help on YouTube to sort my tail wag problem on my trex 500pro dfc. I've had it since April and its still not in the air. Not happy
After seeing the setup vids on the 3gx I feel like I'm getting somewhere and learning more about the flybarless system, I'm going for a test fly tomorrow to see if what I have adjusted has helped. Next step is go to from v4 to V5 and start from scratch.

My history on Helis and planes has been many with a good collection over about 13years but always struggled to find the time and money to fly them (the money is the fear to crash them lol) now I have sold most

At the moment I own a Trex 500Pro DFC as said above and its bigger brother Trex 600nitro pro that has been converted to flybarless. The 500 will be the Test subject to set up the 600 but I have a feeling the 600 has the wrong length main shaft because at 0 degrees pitch the elevator mix arm is not horizontal but That's for another day.

Anyway hope to learn more and will be checking out more posts

Thanks guys

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad that I could help out with the 3GX videos. One of the issues with V4 is the tail. So you may want to just go ahead and upgrade to V5 now and save yourself a headache.

also, if you are running the 3GX with a satellite ONLY, in your Tx (what Tx are you running and what Rx setup?) you need to be on Aux2 for the tail gain. If you are running a separate Rx, then your tail gain channel needs to be Gear.

:welcome1:

aquwaman

Hello all and thanks for the welcome messages.

Tony, I am using Futaba 14SG control on Sbus and i think i have the gyro in the gear output but will double check when i get home tonight. Thinking about it now I thought I didnt have to worry about it because on futaba sbus it uses the format of each channel listed in the manual automatically?
Gee im not sure now, i'll have to go back over it all and check.

Does anyone have the 3gx settings listed so i can set them the same on the comp after i reinstall V5, just looking for the gains etc of what most people use. Im still a beginner so looking for more of sport flying setting. With futaba i also heard most ppl use gain between 25-30% on their controllers

Thanks

Top Bottom