New to Collective RC Helis

Davidvtv

Hi Everyone, I've practiced a fair bit flying my 4 Ch WLtoys V911 indoors and occasionally outdoors. I have recently purchased the HK450 kit ( flybar version) and am in the process of building it. Thanks Tony for all your brilliant videos which have been a great help. I will be following your recommendations regarding learning to fly. I have had to make the purchase as economical as possible. Consequently I have bought the Turnigy 6i Tx and Rx and I am currently waiting for a sim cable to arrive so that I can try out the ClearView sim.

Admiral

Hi David, welcome to the forum, sounds like your on the right track, the other thing that may help you is the RADDS coarse that teaches you to hover in 10 batteries, it works if you stick to it, I failed because I kept doing my own thing LOL.

Tony

Staff member
Hey David, welcome to RCH! As stated, you are on the right track. Make sure to watch my "How to build a clone properly" when you build thing helicopter. It will help you out. If you got the HK450GT, it's a pretty good helicopter, but it does need some parts. I have the same kit, and I have upgraded quite a few parts with Align.

:welcome1:

Davidvtv

Thanks, Lee. It looks like you are a very experienced pilot. It will take me while to learn at my age but it's a good challenge :)

howdy and forgive me for not welcoming you when i replied to ur post regardind ur tail pitch issue..as i did not notice you had just joined..so welcome to the best rc forum out there...tony has been a godsend for many new pilots such as myself. And just becuz u may be up there in age ..doesnt put u at a disadvantage! Lol..with age comes wisdom ..at least ive heard say..lol..ur not old..ur just seasoned..lol glad to see u got your tail figured out!

Davidvtv

howdy and forgive me for not welcoming you when i replied to ur post regardind ur tail pitch issue..as i did not notice you had just joined..so welcome to the best rc forum out there...tony has been a godsend for many new pilots such as myself. And just becuz u may be up there in age ..doesnt put u at a disadvantage! Lol..with age comes wisdom ..at least ive heard say..lol..ur not old..ur just seasoned..lol glad to see u got your tail figured out!

Thanks for your welcome. It just takes a little longer to learn things these days! I do have the advantage of formally being an aeronautical engineer which gives me a theoretical understanding to start with.

Thanks for your welcome. It just takes a little longer to learn things these days! I do have the advantage of formally being an aeronautical engineer which gives me a theoretical understanding to start with.

lol..yes ..thats a big help. lift vs drag vs rotation..im no engineer in anything but mayb how to enjoy a good cold beer er summin lol

Top Bottom