450 New to 400 size. Trouble with blade 400 3D

Need help again. I always get it on this site. I appreciate that.... I am an older guy and have been flying for awhile, but I am still a rookie as a pilot and at repairing my helis, but getting better. I have gotten good at the FP helis, and have finally got control of my Nano CPX, which I wanted to do before I tried a 400 size... I bought a used blade 400 3D on ebay. It is in great shape. All I had to do was replace a servo. I got some training gear and tried to get it in the air. I have found that the heli is trying to go down instead of up! It pushes down on the training gear. Everything seems to be hooked up properly. I am sure this is a simple problem to fix.. Can anybody help me out to save me a lot of time trying to figure it out myself?

Admiral

Sounds like the collective is reversed, what Transmitter are you using ? I'll assume it is spektrum, go to the swash menu if pitch says -60% adjust the to +60%.
If the blades now move in the right direction that is that problem fixed from here I would go check the complete setup of the helicopter go to the RC_Help videos and work you way through them the major difference between the Blade 400 and the Trex 450 is that the swash moves the opposite direction ie. it moves down for positive pitch and the Trex moves up for positive pitch.

NEVER trust the setup of other people especially something bought off Ebay as the former owner may have known less than you about setup, that is why they are selling it.

Last edited:

trainrider06

Make sure you are not in Idol 1 also...it'll squat down like that if in idol 1, and sometimes before you reach half throttle also
If that's not the case something's either reversed or even blade grips could be upside down...
As Keith said you pretty much should go over heli top to bottom when buying one used....heck even new for that matter!

Thanks Rodney. ... Ya know, I am not sure what you mean by "Idol 1"... I am fairly new to this. .. I am going to get the heli out this weekend. Could you give me a further explanation? Thanks...

murankar

Staff member
On the DX6i on the top right side (just right of the antenna) there is a switch labeled F-Mode and is a 2 position switch. That is your Idol Up 1 switch. It should be programmed with a linear throttle curve ( 75, 75, 75, 75, 75 or what ever you want the throttle to be as long as it is flat) and a pitch curve that is 0, 25, 50, 75, 100. Your throttle hold ( which is located on the top left shoulder of the radio) should have a throttle curve of 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 and a pitch curve of 0, 25, 50, 75, 100.

Once that is setup you can work on the setup of the heli with throttle hold on. For a second layer of safety you can unplug 2 motor wires from the ESC, I would do this if your attempting a setup with the blades on.

trainrider06

Thought it was on the right? Regardless its the switch labeled with "F-Mode".

Yeah throttle hold is on Rt, another switch also, I can't remember...never use that one, but yeah idol 1 on left side...
along with timer/bind switch...must been a while since you've used one eh?
What radio do ya use now?

murankar

Staff member
Never owned a 6i i Have a th9x. I thought the 9x was loosely based on the 6i design. I know the channel assignments are the same so I also thought the switches were the same also. The last time I delt with a 6i was about 3 years ago while watching Tony's how to set up the head videos.

trainrider06

Well only way I remembered was cuz I use mine at least 2-3 times a week....and I barely remember even then lol
Had to think about it, if I wasn't at work I woulda looked lol...
It's heck getting older....:wink:

murankar

Staff member
We need little more info than that to help big guy. Please start a new thread with your issue so you can help others.

Top Bottom