Other New Taranis FW 2.0.1

WyDiablo

I started to up grade the taranis firmware to 2.0.1 and I get this error window "DFU Util execute not found". Do any of you guys with the taranis have an thoughts on ow to fix this.

murankar

Staff member
You may have to load a second file. That file will setup the rom on the chip. The th9x stock firmware does something similar to this.

I have only flashed my th9x to er9x back to stock ahem back to er9x. You may have to check out their forums, faq or tech support.

Check out this link

http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/38104-frsky-taranis/

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

WyDiablo

This was a good answer I got from the opentx forum.

Make sure that in "configure communications" the dfu-util path is set correctly. If you had companion 1.52 installed before but uninstalled it since it might be wrong. It would normally be "C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenTX/dfu-util.exe" on Windows.

murankar

Staff member
Glad you got it sorted. The open source stuff takes some working to learn it. Whats makes it hard is that they cant plan for every issue.

It took me weeks to get th9x programmed for the ZYX-S gyro. Turns out that not much programming was needed.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

WyDiablo

When I first started programing the tx I thought holy crap what a big head ache this is going to become. But after I got started and watching a couple of videos it got much easier. I have just finished programing my TBS Disco on the taranis but have not test flown it because I"m trying to figure out how and where to place the pcb antenna's. I think I will make a small platform on the top plate and position them to where they will be pointing about 120 deg apart. I have looked on the frame for other places but with that frame I'm limited to certain spots.

Top Bottom