Servos New Tail Servo

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well after going through the push rod and the push rod holders for my tail servo on my 500, I'm still having problem with my tail not responding correctly to the TX stick command. I'm going to switch out my KST DS515 MG servo for this servo IMG_4286.JPG KST DS565 MG servo. If this doesn't work, Tony mention it might be my Gyro. I hope not since my gyro, AR7300BX isn't that old. Will see!.

Tony

Staff member
Don't forget to select 760µs in the gyro. The one that you have on there right now is a 1520µs. Don't want to see you burn this servo up.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Tony for the heads up. Question here, as for Hz, if the tail servo suppose to be on 333 Hz vs 560 Hz, will that make the tail servo respond differently or burn it up too?

Tony

Staff member
The new servo you have is the 560. Using lower Hz won't hurt it, but try not to use higher than what the servo can handle. It will cause it to heat up.

Admiral

On the subject of HS tail servos, what do you guys use to center them. My el cheapo servo tester won't handle them, I have been going to rate mode centering the rudder stick and doing it manually.

I have just purchased a kit that allows you to center 760, 960, 1500 & 1520 I have to put it together yet I'll let you know how it works, maybe I should have bought the complete instead of the kit LOL.

[URL="https://makcorner.net/rc-heli-servo-centering-tool/"]MAK RC Heli Servo Centering Tool – MAK Corner [/URL]

Tony

Staff member
Should be pretty easy. I think I only counted 80 solder joints on that board, and they are all through hole which is the easiest type. I would really like a kit like that. Love soldering practice.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
All I do to center my tail servos with my gyros, AR7200BX and AR7300BX I hold the set up button down til it initializes. Then I go to letter "G" where electronically adjusts the center point of the servos. From there I install the servo arm to the tail servo and get it close to center. Then I adjust the push rod to the tail slider where I have the two tail blades folded to meet each other telling me that the tail slider is center. I'm not sure if this makes sense or if it's a correct way to do it but it works for me.

Tony

Staff member
No worries Keith. I have been talking to a buddy over in New South Wales that has been going through a very hard time, and if/when he gets better, he is going to be sending me some stuff. I may have him pick one of these up and toss it into the box for me. Combined shipping lmao. It will be a while though, he is going through quite a lot right now.

Top Bottom