600 New Swash Plate

Alex Evans

I have an old 600 ESP and I wanted a new Swash plate, noticing the bearing has a bit of play causing to much vibraation. When I received the new item, it just doesn't fit on the existing shaft.

The item is clearly labeled as Align 600 and I am reluctant to forcing it on.
I measured both dimaters of the shaft and the swashplate and it looks OK, but...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Smoggie

There can sometimes be burrs around the edges of the bolt hole in the shaft that stop the swash sliding over. A quick 'tickle' with a file to remove any burrs usually does the trick.

Alex Evans

Yes, I tried that... I didn't help.
I got tempted - hit the thing with a rubber hammer all the way down, but - no luck.

I probably damaged the new swash plate by doing it. I have two options

1) To remove the shaft, remove the swashplate and try it on a previous shaft that is maybe not right... or
2) Remove it and try to use the old swash plate

Thanks

murankar

Staff member
That tight of a fit is going to give you problems. Something is amiss with the swash. I would recheck the IDs against the old swash and not the main shaft. The tolerance should be within a few thousandths.

Check the hind ball for any burs. Again tickle the edges with a file.

Alex Evans

Hello Murankar,
Yes, I did that but no luck. What I found out in the meantime, that the new swashplate fits nicely on FBL shaft for the 600, so - I suspect it is for that and not for a FB shaft.
At this time, I can't think of ordering another one, but am trying to find a new FBL complete head and I do not manage...
Cheers

Top Bottom