Spektrum NEW Spektrum DX6 R/C transmitter

murankar

Staff member
I have been looking at it briefly. Just like he said in the video, it's a dx9 but with 6 channels. The real question should is hh going t revamping the 7 and 8 to follow suite.

I have been looking at the t8j a lot more than the dx6. Its about $30 more with less model memory and no voice commands.

The one thing I would love to see on a specktrum is complete switch assignment. Any switch can be any function. I don't think they have that yet.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

SIXFOOTER

That looks pretty nice, I like the display. Thats the only issue I have with my DX6i is its very hard for me to see even though I installed a backlight.

SIXFOOTER

SO I have been reading everything I can about the new DX6 and it seems to be a very nice unit.
But, before I do that, is it the right way to go?
Sounds like the incorporated a bunch if not all the features of the DX8 and 9 into a 6 channel redo, ok, got that.
I am building a QAV500 with NAZA M V2, will the DX6 let me use all the features? I still don't understand all the ins and outs of the system but what I do think I understand is they features like ATT and GPS hold and the like are controlled through one of the channels used for flight, With a 6 channel system I will have 2 to use for other things, is that enough or should I just bite the bullet and get a DX8?

murankar

Staff member
If you going fpv then you will want the dx8 or dx9. The extra channels will allow you to expand your fpv with video mounts. Also you may want other features that may require additional channels.

Get as many channels as you can afford or you'll be spending more money down the road.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

sarconastic

Nice upgrades 250 model memory is insane for sure but Jacking the price up to $229 is ridiculous for entry level radios. The DX6i has always been a semi affordable radio at the $120 to $150 price point for those of us who are not going to shell out $400 for a first radio. I started with my FLySky ($55) and wanted a DX6i for a while. I finally got it but had to wait to buy a package deal and used as well. If the Dx6i had been $229 to start I would not have even considered it, and won't at all now.

Plus to me it is fugly. I don't like all black plain looking radios I like my Bling. LOL I thought it was a Joke when I first saw it. Like someone had put the DX6 sticker on a WLtoys V913 remote.

Not for me right now.

WOody

Top Bottom