Batteries New spectrum 7.4 v 4000 mah 2s battery

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I just got a new lipo battery for my dx8 tx. Can anyone tell me what charging amp rate I should use to charge it? It's says 1c charging rate on the battery so is that 1 amp?

murankar

Staff member
Whats the MaH of the battery? if it is 1300 mah then 1.3 amps, if it is 800 mah charge at .8 amps if it is 1800 mah then 1.8 amps so on and so on.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Its 4000mah. Right in the tital LOL Thats what I thought anyways. I need an adapter plug for the charger.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, charge that bad boy at 4a 2s and you will be golden. However you can also charge it with teh supplied charger for the Tx. It has an auto cutoff for the lipo's unlike the nimh's. But if you are in a hurry, 4a will do great.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and don't forget to change your battery selection in the menu from nimh to lipo.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Thanks Tony. That is what I wanted to know. If I could use the TX charger to charge it. I know it has a built in cutoff and a built in balencer. I need to get an adapter for my lipo charger to fit it. I have none in my wireing for my chargers. Got to get to LHS and buy one. But I could just charge the first charge in the TX for know.

Top Bottom