Scale New Scale build

sneezy007

Hey guys,

I'm going to be starting a new scale build soon. I have a Trex 600 frame that I would like to put into a scale fuse.
I've been reading that FunKey makes the best scale fuselages. I've also been reading that the Hughes 500 is the worst fuse for vibration.
I'm looking at the FunKey Bell 206 long ranger fuse. What have you guys heard about these two fuses?

I'm also looking to put a stabilization system in this heli. Any recommendations?

I also want to put a new motor in it. I'm running a 13 tooth pinion with a two headed blade. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Dino

trainrider06

Hi Dino, I'm not sure on the scale bodies but have heard R/Caerodyne had some nice ones, as far as a controller take a look at the Spirit Pro controller. You can use it for FB, FBL, and airplanes! I have one on my Trex 500 Pro DFC, and a couple other guys have one on their heli's. They are cheaper than the IKon, but nothing cheap about their system.
Also has a really great support site, and one of the lead developers runs it and is very active on the forum!

sneezy007

Hi Dino, I'm not sure on the scale bodies but have heard R/Caerodyne had some nice ones, as far as a controller take a look at the Spirit Pro controller. You can use it for FB, FBL, and airplanes! I have one on my Trex 500 Pro DFC, and a couple other guys have one on their heli's. They are cheaper than the IKon, but nothing cheap about their system.
Also has a really great support site, and one of the lead developers runs it and is very active on the forum!

Hey Rodney,

I had an RC Aerodyne Hughes 500 scale fuse and the glue and delamination failed on the wood. The frame came loose and the heli crashed.
Now I'm looking at alternatives. I have a Spirit Pro on this scale bird and really like it. I was just wondering if there are any real hands off stabilization systems out there.

Thanks,
Dino

trainrider06

Man thats a shame about the Hughes heli, goes to show even those that are supposed to be one of the better ones have some bad product in inventory..
As far as the hands off stabilization systems, man I don't know. Only other one that I know of is the Naza H I think it is....

sneezy007

And it was the maiden flight after 3 years worth of work. I was not happy at all.
I've heard good things about the Naza H, I'll check it out.

Another problem is my 600 ESP is old, so now I've got to try and find parts for it that are compatible. Lots of fun.

trainrider06

sorry about getting back to ya man, i forget where the heck I have posted sometimes!
that really sux big rotten eggs! 3 years....i'd be a tad peeved also, and wary of em!
Hmm it might be a little more difficult especially up your zip code. I'll be sure to keep and eye peeled for parts for you bird though, i've seen some before not too long ago I believe....

Smoggie

The Spirit Pro has 'self leveling' stabilisation that as the name suggests keeps the heli level. What a FBL system on it's own cant do is control altitude or prevent the heli drifting with the wind. If you want a heli that will literally fly by itself for extended time without any correction at all then you need something with GPS and altitude control. The Naza H or Skookum SK720 are the only two i can think of that have GPS capability but I think the GPS modules are extras that you have to purchase separately.

Top Bottom