250 New SAB Goblin 280 'Fireball' and 'Comet'

Smoggie

It's hardly new news that SAB are about to release a 280 size pair of helis, there have been a few 'leaks' of info about the new helis for a while now but previously no prices or detailed specs. The Fireball is in 3D trim and the Comet is a 'speed' version. Flyers have just been published for the two helis including weights and prices.

Fireball:
7d773ba5fecabbb387be0b5597428328.jpg

Comet:
b1d37ec32a0ab9edafd8bd55b7095817.jpg

The biggest new development is the direct drive main rotor. Tail drive is typical Goblin belt, but the motor itself forms the front pulley which is kinda neat. This all sounds pretty good but the big downside seems to be that it's VERY heavy. 890-895g is right up there with much bigger 450 class helis so it's extremely 'porky' for a 280. It seems like the 280 will need screaming high headspeed and will have quite short flight time.

It will be interesting to see if the little Goblin can defy the scales and turn out to be a good performer?

USAF_Ret

That fireball sure looks nice, now to figure out how to get the CFO on board!
You could adopt my method, "ask forgiveness rather than permission."

These both look quite fun. Other than the skids and the canopy, they appear to be the same basic heli. Blades, motor, esc, battery. Is there a difference that I didn't see.

Paul

Boogs

LOL, played that card a time or two! I thought the same, minor cosmetic differences between the two.

Smoggie

You could adopt my method, "ask forgiveness rather than permission."

These both look quite fun. Other than the skids and the canopy, they appear to be the same basic heli. Blades, motor, esc, battery. Is there a difference that I didn't see.

Paul

Paul,

'Forgiveness rather than permission' is my strategy too:biggrin1:

Yes, they are basically the same heli though the 'speed' styled Comet has the upgraded 'competition' motor fitted as standard.

Top Bottom