Quad New rxtimer 450 size quad

WyDiablo

I just received the rctimer quad this morning. After looking it over it looks like I might have to re-drill and align a few holes that do not line up with the top plate. The battery compartment looks to be about the same size as the TBS and looking at the picture that compartment looks much bigger than the TBS. So now I have a decision to either move the stuff from the tbs over to the new frame or just keep the tbs as it stands now. I guess I will assembly it for a dry run and just see what the heck it looks like compared to the tbs.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

I just did a dry fit and the frame went together pretty nicely. I had a couple of screws that were a little snug but over all everything fit pretty nice. The kit did come with some screws that I have not clue as to where they are suppose to go. I think it looks like a pretty nice frame. And pulling and twisting on the frame seems real solid.
View attachment 11703

Stambo

I have found with that style arms, the DJI ones are so much stiffer than some of the cheap clone ones.
There is a marked difference even between some of the clone ones.
I crashed my similar version and with the replacement arms, I just can not get rid of the vibrations.
Unfortunately the screw pattern is different enough that you can not fit DJI arms to the clone frames I have.
I even took the motor and prop assembly off my other quad which was working fine and found it vibrated on the new arms.
Be interesting to see what you think of this once it is flying. :)

WyDiablo

Well I guess that this frame came with the clone arms also. When I get ready to put this frame together for real I will check and see if the DJI arms will fit the clone frame.

Top Bottom