General New Pilots 101

imakethecalls

Thought I would pass this along to all new pilots having trouble flying.
1. Buy you a simulator. A MUST HAVE.
2. Make sure simulator purchased also has models just like you are flying.
3. Setup your simulator with exact models you are flying making sure the setups are all at 100% with no EXPO.

End result: You will crash a lot on the simulator at a cost of ZERO and No repairs. When you step outside and fly your model which hopefully has some expo and lower DR than your simulator you will spool up, fly,land then only reach down pick up your model and swap out a battery then do it again.

I myself is a NEWBIE and tried this and well the local hobby shop and a few online shops are saying "Hey were Ya Been?"

Tony

Staff member
That is a great way to help teach yourself muscle memory and get ready for what the helicopter is going to do. Thanks for posting this! And welcome to the forum.

Smoggie

Welcome to the forum imakethecalls. A sim is a good learning tool for sure. Personally i find them a bit boring so cant use one for more than a few minutes but I'm sure that if i could condition myself to use the sim more often i'd be a better pilot.

So what helis are you flying?... Got any photos?

imakethecalls

Just stumbled on some new information. Well it's new to me.
I use the DX6E transmitter on a 200srx, 230s and a 300cfx. I uploaded setup files from specktrum and was told the DX6E was like the DX18 so use those files.......WRONG!!!!! If your using the DX6E use the files for the DX6. If you don't then none of your models will fly like they are suppose to. They will fly but you will find yourself always hunting that perfect setup.
Case in point my old files from spektrum using the dx18 files I found that the safe function just was not there and I was always adjusting dr/expo trying to make it perfect. I uploaded the new files for the dx6 and BAM the self level ect now actually work.
I uploaded the new files to my 230s and created a new model then bound my 230s to the new files. Installed battery and went out and it was out of the box PERFECT. Thinking this is just being lucky I grabbed my other 230s and did the same...........Also PERFECTO...........
Well I was still in doubt so the 300cfx was next..............Man it flies AWESOME now.........
I guess it's who you talk to when you call Horizon/Specktrum.............
Guess I better put the hobby shops address in my GPS so I won't forget where they are......

Top Bottom