Koppa

Hello to all the members of this forum.
My name is Michael and I'm located in Upstate New York, I'm a retired mechanical engineer, and a machinist with 35 + in the trade. A few years after my retirement I decided to convert my two car garage into a small but well equipped machine shop. I
have what machinist call "Metal-Illness", it keeps me sane and busy doing projects in metal for myself and friends.
It has been several years since I have played and enjoyed myself with a RC Model Helicopter, or Plane, and wow how things have changed.
I was lurking on the You Tube when I came across this forum, and boy I'm glad I did.

Lee

Welcome to the forum Michael. You may be inundated with orders for metal replacement parts now you've told us you have a work shop :D
Anything you need help with, just shout. We are happy to help.

wolfman76

WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY.... ENJOY YOUR STAY!!! glad to have you michael and lee is right we are all always working on projects round here...lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Welcome to the madness Michael. Where about s in NY are you from? I'm in western ny just outside of buffalo.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Michael, Welcome to the forum from Scotland:) I am a Mechanical Engineer also for my sins:( unfortunately i progressed to Manager, so i am in an office, but havent taken a step back from the coalface yet:)

Koppa

I'm located in Orange County, 55 min from NYC, anything that's on left side of the Hudson River and going north past Rockland County, most people
call it upstate N.Y. I consider Albany, and Western N.Y. upstate and if I'm not mistaken, home of the Buffalo Wild Wings.
A pleasure to meet you online.
Michael

Koppa

A pleasure to meet a fellow Engineer, I sure we both had our fair share of cutting oil splashed on our good clothes.

Graham Lawrie

Deffinately, i had to bore out a coupling two weekends or so ago, i dont work weekends, but we lost a hydraulic pump, needs must when your back is to the wall:)

canongraphy

Hello Michael, and welcome to the best RC site on the internet!
I also am new here but can tell you these guys are friendly and very willing to help you out with anything.
There are people here from all over the globe on many different time zones, and they have the answers, so you can get advice just about anytime day or night!
They have helped me tremendously already.
Cheers,
Jeff

Tony

Staff member
Hey Michael, thanks for joining up on the forum. Sounds like you are a busy guy with all of that machining. I did my stint in metal fabrication, and it just wasn't for me. I mostly did heavy equipment installing flatbeds on the back of 1 tons, installing 10 ton winches on the back of semi's for oilfield trucks and so on. Way too much work for me lmao. Now, I sit on my butt all night at an army base and play on the forum.

If there is anything we can help out with, just ask. And of course, post up some pictures of your shop and your toys. would love to see them.

:welcome1:

Karubah

Welcome to the forum Michael. These blokes are great at giving help. Lots of info in the threads and great videos to watch and learn from. Cheers from the Land Downunder. Andy

Top Bottom