canongraphy

hello everyone, Tony i have watched most if not all of your you tube videos and feel i already know you lol but since you don't know me i will introduce myself here.
My name is Jeff i am 50 yrs old and i live in Kentucky, moved here back in 2000 from Ohio.
I am new to RC but absolutely love it and am hooked.
I bought a Align 450 Plus RTF, spooled it up and smacked a wood pile bending the main rod, lower gear and destroying my blades.
I have since repaired it as new, sold it to a friend and bought the phoenix sim, a DX8 and a Align Trex 600 ESP
I decided i would prefer a bigger heli and absolutely love the 600, but am still putting hours and hours on the sim before i launch the 600
I am currently putting the AR8000 in my 600 to use my DX* with it. Almost done, just have to finish getting the servos all working correctly.
Most of the help and knowledge i have gotten is from the Video's Tony has made and help from Ron Lund of Ron's Heliproz South out in texas where i have purchased everything except the 600.
My 600 is like new, assembled 2 years ago from the guy i bought it from.
looking forward to gaining more knowledge and hopefully someday being able to lend others a hand.
Thanks for reading my story here, and look forward to getting to know everyone. :D

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Jeff and thanks for signing up. The 600 you purchased is a great heli as long as it's setup correctly. I"m not sure if this is a 3GX heli, but if it is, I would just run the satellites and not the AR8000. But, if you are running a flybar, then the AR8000 is a great Rx setup for it.

Ron is a great guy, unfortunately I have never ordered anything from him, but have heard great things about him. And, he is just south of me.

If you have any questions, all you have to do is ask. We are here to help.

:welcome1:

canongraphy

Thanks Tony,
my 600 is electric with flybar and all stock with a GY401 futaba gyro, i used the 8000 that came with my DX8 since down the road i may put a Airwolf body with lights and retracts someday.
the seller kept his original spektrum Rx he was using. I have everything done except the servos seem to be wrong, so thats for another thread and i am still researching it anyway.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am attaching a pic of my new toy.$(KGrHqJ,!owFD9m!)izSBRL(JN0NlQ~~60_57.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!owFD9m!)izSBRL(JN0NlQ~~60_57.jpg

BOKI

canongraphy; Jeff welcome to the site & hope to talk to you more soon! Thanks for the picture & that's a real nice Helicopter & hope you can have good luck flying it ! Dave

Last edited:

Lee

Welcome to the forum Jeff.
The 600 is a great platform to learn on. The extra stability over a 450 will really help. But they are big :) So just take care. Thanks for signing up to my Youtube channel too.
Cheers Lee

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Welcome to the madness. I have the 600 ESP too. Great heli. I'm in process of building a 700n dfc at the moment.

canongraphy

Hey thanks Boki Lee and breeze400, happy to be here and look forward to getting to know you all.
Am on my way to go post in another area for advice on my 600 as i am getting frustrated lol

Top Bottom