Tommy Rogers

Hey all-
Just following the revues to introduce myself and touch bases on my interest in the Rc hobby is. My name is Tommy and
I found the YouTube channel about a year ago when installing m first ikon unit and I thought Tony’s walkthrough made it so easy to first set up. Thanks for that.
My main interest for the past 5 years has been helis’ I have me an old 450 se v2 that I converted to flybarless with the help of Rchelp.com setup video along with a 550e dfc. My hope is to to progress my currently terrible flying skills and as of late hope to gain a better understanding of governor and usage. I also have a hanger of fixed wings and a few quads that come out every so often, but again my heli’s are what stimulate my interest in the hobby.
I’m a Dental technician by day and a hobbyist as much as I can on the weekends, obviously as much as my wife and son allow it, and I look forward to browsing the forums and checking out simulator Sunday’s.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Tommy, thanks for the kind words! I'm really happy my videos were able to help you out. How do you like that 550? I flew one a few times and it's a pretty nice helicopter. I'm hoping to do some updated videos on the Ikon soon when we start working on the goblin again. You say you have quads, my advice is always fly in Rate mode on them. Never Angle or Horizon. I flew the quads in those cheating modes for video purposes and it teaches you very bad habits.

As for Sim Sunday, I am having a bit of an issue with that right now. My desktop computer is getting quite old and likes to crash when I'm running everything for it. My laptop had a broke fan and last sunday got very hot running sim sunday and I had to end it early. I have since repaired the fan on my laptop, twice (don't ask...) and it is running a little better. Not sure if it is enough to run Sim Sunday though. I really need to just build a new desktop and call it done. This thing is almost 8 years old now and is a little dated except for my GPU.

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

Tommy Rogers

The 550 flies awesome!!! Makes me wanna put away the 450, but the 450 is what I learned on so it’s sentimental. The one thing the 550 is teaching me is A-stability of a larger bird compared to the squirrel of a 450, but also I bought the heli second hand and the previous had the governor setup up when i got it, and the head speed is rock solid. Ita making me dive into governors and head speeds and how they work so I can setup my 450 using the ikon governor.

Top Bottom