Harford

Hi,
I have just joined the site although have visited in the past to find solutions to the various and many challenges I find with building kits and flying. I have been flying for a few years but still a novice and into sedate flying in conventional orientation (ie no 3D !). Have a few helis, Align 450 Pro, 450L (now building), 500, 550 DFC, 600 DFC and back to when I started Esky Belt V2 & CF Belt V2. Most appreciative of the advice just received from Tony regarding a 450L set up issue. Looking forward to more time on this forum.

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to RCH! Sounds like you have a nice fleet. Way better stuff that I have lmao. Post some pictures of it when you get a chance.

:welcome1:

KLA

What's up, Harford!!! Welcome to RCHELP. You've got a pretty nice fleet of helicopters. Love to see some pictures, if you get a chance.

Harford

Many thanks. I will need to take pictures. Unfortunately the weather here is abysmal at present but as soon as it improves I will get some done. Thanks again

Smoggie

Welcome to the forum Harford. Nice collection of helis you have there. I have a Trex 600 Pro too, I've had is a few years and still like it a lot. Here it is flying a week ago:
ScreenHunter_23.jpg

ScreenHunter_23.jpg

KLA

What a great photo. I'm afraid I can only fly the other way up !

There's a lot of us that can only fly with the skids pointing down. I can do some loops and flips but still haven't mastered an inverted hover yet.

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Hartford, have to agree about your weather, I was in Auckland last week and the weather was at best abysmal.

Harford

DSCF4200 R.jpg

Picture of current Trex collection including Dominator 450L which had its' inaugural flight today

DSCF4200 R.jpg

Smoggie

Nice collection! So looks to me like a 600Pro, 550 Pro, 500 (EFL?), 450 (Pro?) and 450L ?

How do you like the 600? The Trex 600 Pro was my first big heli so i have a soft spot for it..

Smoggie

PS.. Here's a tip. The 600 Pro sits quite low and the tail blades tend to catch the ground if you fly off grass so damaging blades and sometimes stripping gears.
To fix this all you need to do is swap the front landing gear from the 550 with the rear landing gear from the 600. Because the 550 has taller landing gear legs this will give both helis a nice aggressive nose down stance which lift the tail making blade strike less of an issue. It has no adverse effect on how the heli takes off or lands. In fact the newest Trex models including the new 550X and 700X have utilised this exact same raked landing gear trick.

saber

Hello everybody, I've been a member for some time now but never really post anything. I do a lot of flying and racing when I'm not at work. I'm starting to get into the quad scene now and bought a cheap quad to learn on. My favorite plane to fly is the park zone typhoon 2 and I drive my traxxas s-maxx (2wd t-maxx) the most.

Tony

Staff member
That is fantastic. Do you do any actual racing at a track? If so, where at?

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

Top Bottom