bobmc

Hi Everyone,

I've been in the hobby for a couple of years. Flying wise I'm at the stage of being able to hover comfortably but that's about it! Beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to do circuits :wink:

I'm currently putting the finishing touches to a Trex 250 DFC and have just purchased a 500E as my next project.

Regards
Bob

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. I with ya on that hovering thing. I have recently started flying side to side. I have had my 450s since 2011. Get a good SIM.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Welcome to the forum Bob.
That 250 is a twitchy little beast, but you'll love the 500. Super stable, much easier to learn with.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum from Scotland:)
You will see a massive difference with the 500. Easier to work on and massively more stable and easier to fly than the 250:)

Derek

Hi there, Bob! I have to agree with everyone above. The 500 will be much more stable than the 250. Have fun!

bobmc

Hi All,
Thanks for the welcome. I've just finished setting up the 3GX (on the 250) and I'm now hunting around for some beginner 'Flight Mode' settings.

I'm looking forward to building the 500E - it'll be so nice to have plenty of space to route the wires :wink:. I've also got a Raptor 30, which I bought off eBay but I'm beginning to think that I'll never fly it and will probably sell it on. (One of those blood rushes to the head I think!)

Regards
Bob

treff

Welcome to the forum from sunny Wales Bob and I can say that with hand on me heart today. The big orb is out and glowing. Keep at it Bob it will come in the end believe me
I was struggling for ages but I can now crash with the best of em LOL just kidding, it will come with practice. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Bob. As stated, the 250 is a twitchy little thing. Like a bee on crack. The 500, not so much.

Click on the articles tab at the top of the forum then on the left side, click on 3GX. In there, I have two flight mode setting videos. These will help you out to tame that thing down.

As always, if you have any questions, just post up.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Welcome, Bobmc! I agree with everyone here, the larger birds are more stable and are a little more comfortable to fly. A simulator helped me improve quickly....less expensive crashes!

Jamman

Welcome,i am right where you are,easy tail in and side view hovering,but nose in is a different story.Flightsim helps a lot.

Top Bottom