New member from Portland Oregon

HeliYaw

Hello everyone, I've been flying collective pitch helis for just over a year and it was Tony's video on youtube that helped me reassemble my Dynam E-Razor after crashing it for the first of many times.

I just have to say thanks to Tony because without the video I might not have even bothered to repair that heli.

Welcome aboard buddy!!
Seems like many have found the site through the same method! Welcome aboard and we look forward to seeing pics of your fleet

Derek

Hey there buddy! Welcome to the site! It's amazing just how many "current" RCH members came to the forums via Tony's youtube videos...I'm one of them. I've been with many other forums and this one is, by far, the best one that I've come across.

Post up some pictures and/or videos of what you are flying, when you get a chance. We love seeing members pics and videos.

pvolcko

Welcome to the forum. I too got led here by Tony's vids. I haven't been able to find the exit...

:)

Tony

Staff member
pvolcko, are you looking for an exit? lmao.

I'm glad that I could help you out on that helicopter. It's not the best heli out there by any means, but it will teach you how to fly CCPM helicopters. That is the EXACT helicopter that I learned on and let me tell you, it was crashed more times than I like to count. But, it got me to where I am today. However, "where I am today" is not far when you look at some of the members on here. Lee and Gaba just take their birds and smack them around the air. Me, When I see an orientation that I have not tried in real life, the sticks get really hard to move lmao. I should really push past that though. It's only a helicopter, and I found out the other day that I can crash my 450 SE V2 and make it survive with no broken parts. Very surprising, but it happened.

Welcome to the forum. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

HeliYaw

The Dynam was both good and bad.
it was cheap to repair but it really was holding me back because it was slow and sort of wishy-washy.
Most of the time I found myself second-guessing my inputs because of it's slow response.
I got involved in helis at the right time, right when flybarless was taking hold.
I love the locked in feel of a well tuned FBL system.
I have been using IKON but my friend Ken claimed that 3GX had really hit it's stride with the new firmware so I decided to give it a shot since I had three of them laying around.
The Snohomish fun fly is next weekend and I will try to get some video of me tearing it up as I have progressed quite a bit in just a little over a year.
Again, thanks Tony.
Your videos and website have helped more people than you probably imagine.

Tony

Staff member
I shouldn't be saying this here, but I can't resist. Get those crap servos off the E-Razor and put on some good, fast, and strong servos. That lag that you are talking about will all but go away once you do that.

I can't wait to see the videos!

HeliYaw

fleet 002.jpgI ditched the Dynam long ago.

What I fly now is a Goblin 500, 600DFC and a 700 DFC.

I'm using IKON FBL units and KDE motors.

I'll see about getting some flight video up soon.

fleet 002.jpg

HeliYaw

At one point I had over fifteen helis.
Now I have an old Schluter Superior that is sort of an antique artpiece and these three helis.
I sold all my Blade helis and I'm happy having just three well-tuned workhorses.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
really! A Schluter Superior! take a good look at this ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a Schluter!

P8090072.jpg

Graham Lawrie

Welcome to the forum from Scotland and Turkey:) I have a friend that lives in Bend. Great guys on here:)

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice collection:)

Top Bottom