New Member and have lots to learn in the RC world.

Kamper

Hi All,

My Name is Ken and I have been an Industrial Mechanic for almost 36 years. I have had an interest in RCs for 30 + years, and have always had my eyes on helis. We live and work in Wyoming and in the last year and half we built a vacation home in Surprise Arizona, and will be our final home for retirement. Wyoming is a good place to work and raise a family, but the wind is never ending and is seldom under 20 mph, needless to say not a good environment for RCs in general and really terrible for helis if you are beginner like me. Arizona is a different story...there are days that the wind never blows and has been a dream for me to learn to fly. Also there is alot of resources for hobby stores and I have two neighbors that fly planes, so this is what got me going. I started with a RTF Blade CX2 and ultimately took a fatal crash after mixing/matching some aftermarket parts. I then went with a BNF Blade 120 SR and have had a bunch of time flying this little hell. I also upgraded to a DX7s radio a while back and the 120SR has been alot more controllable with this radio. I just recently bought a Align Trex 450 Pro V2 and it is about together but waiting on a satellite receiver that should be here later this week. I need to get all the servos and controls setup and adjusted before it will see any air.

I have been following the videos offered by this site on You-Tube and will add they have been very helpful. I got to tell you when I bought this heli I about crapped when I saw the size of the box, I had no idea it was a kit..But it has been challenging and fun to build to this point. If I can work through the process to lift off I will be very happy. So I hope I won't be a pain with my questions, and I will be glad to share any of my experiences to this point if anyone needs or wants my input.

I look forward to the interaction with this forum,

Thanks in advance,

Ken-

wolfman76

Well first off Kent we live to help others out to the best of each of our ability so believe me there will never be a stupid question you will ask.... Second(this should have been first but anywho) lol WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY GLAD TO HAVE YA BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER.!!! as you will soon find out you could not have picked a better forum to become part of hands down. Oh Yeah one requirement we all have here is VIDEOS AND PICS WE NEEDEM AND WE LOVEM so keepem coming they are rc-help member vitamins so to speak... lol

Kamper

Hi All,
I didn't relies I could add photos..You might regret asking for photos, my other hobby is photography.

DSCF0070.jpg
My Newest addition, Align 450
D7K_3247-Edit.jpg
My Blade 120 SR, and yes I took this photo while I was flying it..

Ken

DSCF0070.jpg

D7K_3247-Edit.jpg

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Welcome to the forum Ken. Rc's and photography, I think we are going to get along nicely lol. I really miss my 450 Pro v2 and will have another one some day.

Sounds like you have a great start on the hobby. And as stated, you can NEVER ask too many questions. Questions is what gets us along in this hobby.

Lee

Welcome Ken. RC and Photography, two of my favourite things. Ask away, any questions you have.

Top Bottom