New look

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks to RC Help gang, i finally got my bird up and flying very well. Sometime i fly a little to far away for my sight and sometime i have problem distinguishing front of the bird from the back. So i decided to get a new look for my bird. This is what my heli did look like-101.jpg and i hope now i will be able to see the bird a little bit easier in the air. This what she looks like now-P8120140.jpg Hope that this will take care of my problem, if not at least the bird looks good before flight.

P8120140.jpg

101.jpg

Ken Jackson

Looks good! My bird has bright green, orange and a red tip on the front of the canopy. And might I suggest staying away from all black main rotor blades. Mine are mostly black but the white tips on the ends of the blades help me tremendously when I'm in a sharp banked corner coming back toward myself.

Ken

Nice bird, I have to agree with Ken on those black blades though, I tried them on my bird and when flying with trees in the background I couldn't see if she was flying level or not.. I've got black with white tips, much better. It's an age thing, older I get the more I lose sight...lol

murankar

Staff member
Yeah those blades look just like my Gaui blades, all black. If you can front the money a good set of blades with a plethora of white near the tips will greatly help out. Other than that things are looking good.

Ken Jackson

I've seen guys put reflective decals or even tape on the ends of the blades. Just make sure they are balanced if you go that route. You will be amazed at how it improves visability.

Ken

murankar

Staff member
Rails are very very nice blades. At $40 for 326mm they will have to wait if they break.

Now i have heard that the edge blades are good. I have used KBDD mains and those are okay. I did not like the wider cord on a 450. The only reason why is because they don't fold back all the way for storage. As for flight at a basic level they were fine.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom