Quad New Items to try

Tasajara

I picked up a few new props in the HQ brand.
I got a New Quad blade in Purple 5x4x4, that should look cool on my MXP 230m Elite
And got some Six Blade 5x4x6, not sure how these will do. They are also HQ brand.

I tried out the Tri balde a few weeks back I have to say I really like them over the BullNose I did have.
Don't get me wrong the GemFan or HQ bullnose will give more power but the tri's give a good mix of power and flight times.
While I was getting the props I saw some new Racing ESC's , ARM RACING V2 ESC 30A (V3.02 FIRMWARE) with a 48MHz ARM 32-bit MCU picked up 5 of them for a future build.

Also Picked up a NerdCam3D - Stereoscopic 3D Mk.2 FPV Camera.
Should be kinda wild to fly around in real time 3D, will have to see when I get it installed. Oh Yeah it has a built in OSD that will tie into a board running CleanFlight.

Always got more things to do than I got time. May be a few weeks before I can try these items out. Working 7 days a week 10hrs a day for a while.... GGGGeeesss
Can buy more toys but no time to play LOL

01 NerdCam.JPG

02 nerdcam.JPG

03 nerdcam.JPG

new HQ props.JPG

I have the one on the right, I used the 20a Little Bees on my last 2 builds. They work great..
But then I thought about the active timing on the ARM ESC got me thinking I wanted to give this a try.

ARM esc.jpg

01 NerdCam.JPG

02 nerdcam.JPG

03 nerdcam.JPG

new HQ props.JPG

ARM esc.jpg

Last edited:

trainrider06

It's always great to get new goodies huh? :)
What's the quad gonna look like that these go on? I kinda like those FPV racers! Those are cool!

Tasajara

I have not made up my mind on the next build....
But I just picked up some sweet motors for the next build to go along with the ESC's I got. Tiger Motor F40 2500kV Motor Set
Just have to decide on my frame type.

F40-01.jpg

Here are the motors in action..... man they sound like they are really spinning up good on 4s 5x4x3 props

F40-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tasajara

Tried out both sets of props, They will not make your Multirotor faster but boy do they make it more responsive.
I let a friend try the Hex prop and his normal roll with his normal stick movement turned into a roll and a half.... He said he was not expecting than at all.

Here are how the quad blade props look on one of my quads.

purple 01.jpg

purple 02.jpg

purple 01.jpg

purple 02.jpg

trainrider06

What is the yellow round thing on the nose of it? Did you paint those colors? Or did it come like that?
Looks cool!

Tasajara

I put bright colors on the lens cover so if I drop it It is easy to find... sometimes lol
Yep I painted that quad that color.

Thanks for the kind comments

Tony

Staff member
It depends on what your definition of "expensive" is. They don't cost as much as a car. Well... Depending on what kind of car you get that is... So I guess they could cost more than a car lmao.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It depends on what your definition of "expensive" is. They don't cost as much as a car. Well... Depending on what kind of car you get that is... So I guess they could cost more than a car lmao.

Well if it's like my wife car, the goggles are expensive. A friend of mine was getting ready to got to the junk yard with his car " 1988 Olds cutlass sierra 3.8 V6" that was heading to the junk yard and was going to give him $100.00 for it. When I met my wife, she didn't have a car and needed something to get her around to DR. appts. and grocery shopping. :thinking: So i bought it off of him and gave it to my wife. That was seven years ago and the car still runs, barely, but it still runs to this day. You can say that we got our money worth . So yes, the goggles do cost more then a car in my case. :shhh:

trainrider06

It'll be something I'll look into after I get this Goblin I think. Those quad racers kinda appeal to me, they look like a blast!

Tony

Staff member
They are a lot of fun, but they are also looked at like me when I walk into a gas station with my .45 on my hip. Thanks to the government, people are scared of them. Yup, quads are feared like a gun. Pretty sad.

Top Bottom