New Hot Glue Gun - AdTech HiTemp Pro80

bigone5500

Got this glue gun today for my RCH Trainer 3.2 build. This is the biggest one they had at walmart. It uses full size glue sticks (.44) either high temp or multi temp. It comes with two tips, one for fine work and the other standard. It is a 60w. unit and has a comfortable grip. I tested it out to see how it would perform full on. I squeezed the handle 4 or 5 times and the glue never slowed up. I haven't used it on the foam board yet but it should work fine. I will probably try the fine tip on it when that stage of the build comes up.

I guess I should say it fits in my hand about like a compact 9mm handgun...yes, perfect comparison!

Here are a few photos.

20170915_170043.jpg 20170915_170056.jpg 20170915_170131.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That is awesome that it comes with two tips. There are times that a small tip would be great for fine edges, but still have the large tip for things like building the wing. Keep us updated on how you like it.

Tony

Staff member
I have one that has a large tip, but is low wattage, makes no sense lol. It's the pink one you have seen me use in the videos. Then I have another one that is dual wattage (no idea what it is though) with a finer tip. And it's not pink lmao.

bigone5500

Ok, now for serious posts...

The four holes in the fuselage denoted as round circles. Are they to be cut out?

Move this too...man, this was a fail...

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yea, well I stole the pink soldering iron... You actually PURCHASED your chick phone :rotflmao:

bigone5500

Update on the glue gun.

Other ones I have used had the problem of dripping hot glue out the tip while not in use. The tips on this one have a check valve which eliminates this problem.

Thumbs up!

Derek

another tip....to keep the glue from oozing out the nozzle.....after I've applied my bit of glue, I'll pull back on the glue stick that's in the gun. By just pulling back on the glue stick a bit stops the forward pressure and stops the glue from oozing.

Top Bottom