Misc New hexa build?

Lee

I like this one too. Funny i was looking at it earlier today. If things go the way i hope this summer, it could be my next multirotor.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Motor like is under the frame link. Lol

I thought you couldn't afford a new bird and that's why you were selling the other one?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm sorry I'm still not with it! Lol it was wolfman76 that was selling his? Got to get my mind going. It's still foggy up there from being sick! Lol

WyDiablo

Those motors that I listed above are suppose have have a lot of thrust and torque. I ordered them and some arm extensions plates for the F550 hexa. But I"m thinking about changing that and get the rctimer arms.

Tasajara

Yeah those motors look good... You will have plenty of power if you use those.. I have seen 4 of the Avrotos that they refer to Lift a quad carring 10,000 4s with no problem.
So with 6 it would be a heavy lifter for sure.
Only one thing I am not sure of is if you will have to drill some extra holes to make the motor mounting bolts pattern work on the Hexa.
The Motors look to have different mounting bolt dimensions from the Hexa Arms.

For me to use that bolt pattern I would use the MOTOR EXTENSION PLATES FOR DJI FW550 on my DJI Hexa.
But the plates let me run up to a 13" prop

Last edited:

Lee

Ok i see the motors now, didn't realise there were two links. Not cheap are they :) They look like good motors and will certainly carry a heavy load.

WyDiablo

Yea I plan on using the arm extension plates if I mount these on my F550 hexa. But if I use the rctimer arms I will need to make some kind of template to drill the holes that I need to mount the motors.

Top Bottom