New Heli to the Fleet

Align Trex 500 EFL Pro with Speed Canopy

I have 4 nano cpxs, one Blade 230, Blade 450 (that is for sale) Trex 250, and now a Trex 500. Since im just getting back into helis, know orientations, ive been using the micros to learn to flip and roll. They are a handful but im progressing. My plans are to master the basic 3D moves, then move to the Blade 230 which has fail safe. Once im comfortable with that i will be using the Trex 250 to start more aggressive stunts. The 250 has a 3GX in it and im going to put the beast x in it. I just know that gyro. When the 500 arrived yesterday it was intimidating to look at. I wish you guys were closer to help a brotha out. Im also has the 3GX in it but i just bought the IKON2. It looks like i can just unbolt the gyro mount instead of splitting the frame. Does that sound right?

Are the bigger helis that much more enjoyable, stable, and easier to fly then the micros?

View attachment 16155View attachment 16156View attachment 16157View attachment 16158

- - - Updated - - -

Ive never seen a heli so well built, very nice manufacturing

trainrider06

If you can fly the small ones the bigger ones will be much easier, at first you may be a little intimidated by the size, but after your used to it it'll be fine! The only drawback is a crash will be very very very expensive!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
If you can fly the small ones the bigger ones will be much easier, at first you may be a little intimidated by the size, but after your used to it it'll be fine! The only drawback is a crash will be very very very expensive!

Yeah! What he said.

Smoggie

The speed fuselage on your 500 looks great. I used to have a 500 Pro, nice heli and a good size. The 500 is a good compromise as it flies like a big heli but doesnt have the same intimidation factor or cost as the really big ones. That's not to say that it won't be a bit intimidating at first but that soon passes.

Derek

That's a sweet looking 500! Very cool! As for your question are the 500's easier, more stable, to fly than the smaller ones? I'd just like to add my two cents to that. Yes...they are surely more stable....without a doubt! Are they "easier" to fly? Yes and no, lol. I'm not trying to scare you...I just want you to be aware of something. I would say that the 500's are, yes, much easier to fly than the smaller ones because the disk is much bigger and the heli is heavier. The only reason why I say "no" is because I can remember when I first flew my 500 (after only ever flying a Blade SR). The sound that came from the motor and the blades spinning around sent my heart and nerves into a viciously addictive tail spin, lol. WHAT A RUSH!!! It was amazing! Then, when I started flying my 600...that sound from the blades was even more viciously addictive and it played havoc on my nerves. After landing the helicopter, I would shake so bad for a few minutes. I'm not kidding!...but it was awesome!

So....I say 90%...yes...absolutely..the 500 will be easier and more stable to fly.
Then I say 10%....brace yourself for the sound and the size of the larger helicopter. It will likely wreck your nerves for a while....but it's just awesome wreckage!!!

Have fun with it buddy!!! Share some video if you can!!!

Thanks for all the feedback. Will this canopy effect 3D flight?

Yea after i attempt to setup the Ikon im taking it to a local heli shop, they are HD reps and fly great. I want to make 100% sure this thing does what its supposed to do. May even has him tgggle trainer mode. He tosses around a Trex 600 all the time, looks cool but loud!

Are there any good RealFlight models for the Trex 500

Top Bottom