700 New Heli from Align - Trex 700X

Smoggie

So this is the official video from align for their new 700X.

A lot is carried over from their previous 700 but the 700X does feature an all new frame that's narrower and Align has dropped the DFC head for a standard FBL design (which was available as an upgrade for the previous 700):

Not sure I believe the '400g lighter' claim but it looks pretty nice none the less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
So they learned their lesson with DFC (Direct From Compass) but now they are jacking the Blade heli's name? When will they learn to be original. And the split frame? Didn't they learn their lesson on the sport and SE versions?

trainrider06

thats a sweet looking heli, but I wish they would team up with someone like Spirit, or Ikon and provide those in their kits, although I love the BeastX still it feels like a step back on forward moving developments in their heli's.
Their "new advancements" are minimal too. Canopy design and such are so Align from the day. Although I am a traditionalist at heart, I really think they need to step up with a more modern look to em, possibly sleeker look or something I guess. with newer canopy design. The majority of people buying these helis will never fly them Pro like, i understand the promotion of Pro's flying them, and the competition of bragging rights, but the visual appeal to the masses has a lot to do with it also I think.
Sure the people average Joe who are able to fly them close to the level of pro's out there can appreciate certain developments and flight behavior, but most will never including those who fly close to the pro's will never know the difference.....those people are truly a class alone. So it goes back to new looks, and cool factors. As much as I love Aligns, their helis don't seem to change much, as do the others. Not until either design staff gets an out of the box vision, or some other new heli maker comes out with some revolutionary designs with looks and appeal to the masses does it change....the ones unwilling to change fall by the wayside, and become memories....finally quality of parts yes has a lot to do with things also, durability how well built the heli is.
They can make these helis better and better yes, but after a while people keep seeing the same thing as far as looking at it, they get bored with it. I just think Align needs to advance their look now.....Still this is a cool heli, but I am a traditionalist too....not everyone is.....:wink:

murankar

Staff member
Split frames has is role in the hobby. Whats going to make or break split frames is the cost per quarter frame. So i can see why they did the split frame just hope they didnt mess it up.

Smoggie

I believe they went with the split frames so they could make the top half of the frame narrower yet still have the bottom half wide enough to take the batteries in the slide-in tray mounting arrangement rather than saddle packs like narrower frame 700's often use. Overall the heli looks pretty good IMHO, nothing new or ground breaking more just an evolution of the previous version but nothing wrong with that.

BTW Rodney, there is already a 'speed' fuselage complete with Goblin'esque tail boom cover available for those that dont like the pod and boom.

trainrider06

Yeah Steve I am not bashing Align really, I love Align's Love the look of em, I don't care much for the "speed canopies" That to me is Goblinish, and their signature look. Love Goblins too and their look, but thats their look.
I actually love the old designs of their canopies, just think that as a company they need to kinda get a new look to em for the general public, same basic look where the boom is exposed, but a new look to the canopies or colors.
AS far as the split frame I think your right the reason they did that, it looks good to me, I like the Dominatorish side braces and such on the Dominator series. over all I love the heli and how it looks, and well Blade dumped their X helis and bigger helis so why not borrow it....hehe I was just thinkin as far as competition and advancing the brand as far as what they should probably be trying to do.

thats a sweet looking heli, but I wish they would team up with someone like Spirit, or Ikon and provide those in their kits, although I love the BeastX still it feels like a step back on forward moving developments in their heli's.
Their "new advancements" are minimal too. Canopy design and such are so Align from the day. Although I am a traditionalist at heart, I really think they need to step up with a more modern look to em, possibly sleeker look or something I guess. with newer canopy design. The majority of people buying these helis will never fly them Pro like, i understand the promotion of Pro's flying them, and the competition of bragging rights, but the visual appeal to the masses has a lot to do with it also I think.
Sure the people average Joe who are able to fly them close to the level of pro's out there can appreciate certain developments and flight behavior, but most will never including those who fly close to the pro's will never know the difference.....those people are truly a class alone. So it goes back to new looks, and cool factors. As much as I love Aligns, their helis don't seem to change much, as do the others. Not until either design staff gets an out of the box vision, or some other new heli maker comes out with some revolutionary designs with looks and appeal to the masses does it change....the ones unwilling to change fall by the wayside, and become memories....finally quality of parts yes has a lot to do with things also, durability how well built the heli is.
They can make these helis better and better yes, but after a while people keep seeing the same thing as far as looking at it, they get bored with it. I just think Align needs to advance their look now.....Still this is a cool heli, but I am a traditionalist too....not everyone is.....:wink:

Thats pretty well put. Il be happy with flips and rolls to be honest.

The 500 canopy on the heli i just bought looks identical. Although i have the speed canopy itll have to grow on me, not used to thag look because im also old school

trainrider06

Thats pretty well put. Il be happy with flips and rolls to be honest.

The 500 canopy on the heli i just bought looks identical. Although i have the speed canopy itll have to grow on me, not used to thag look because im also old school

Myself too man, I don't wanna really even try to learn how to fly the thing like a buzz saw around. It's cool as hell to watch but well I get this mechanical attachment to my mechanical things, I like to look at them too, and like to keep them looking nice too by not crashing the crap outta them trying some wild stunt. I love the appearance of my Align helis, pretty much even stay along the lines of a stock looking heli too. I think most of the stock canopies that Align has are really cool looking, except for the 450L canopies, I run after market ones and one I had done by Heliwow. I usually have 2 canopies per heli too, my display canopy and my flight canopy...LOL because I don't wanna chance jacking my favorite canopy up in a crash.
But I'd think it be good for Align to try and change their look of their helis a bit making them sleeker, and possibly some sort of slick paint scheme, or more sleeker looking canopy, maybe both, but they could still continue with the exposed boom and keep the Align traditional look in parts of it at the same time....just blend the look is all. I actually like the looks and design of the frame on this one also!

Smoggie

Last edited:

trainrider06

Dang it Steve quit posting all these cool things to make me poor! This heli, that cool camera! You really know how to hurt a guy! Lol
Seriously that looks like a sweet bird!

Top Bottom