New guy from the Wet Coast

bing44

Hi all. I'm jim, in Oregon, near Salem, on an airpark adjacent to a State airport. I'm already 70 yrs. old, still riding street bikes (FZ1), dirt bikes (DRZ400S), flying all sorts of RC (planes, helis, quads), driving a 2002 Corvette Z06, built and flew two homebuilt airplanes, an RV6 and Harmon Rocket II. I landed on this site after watching Tony explain the 3Gx which I am in the process of setting up on my Trex 450 clone.

I hope that doesn't sound arrogant, because I'm not. Hope to chat with you all soon.

jim

Tony

Staff member
Wow, you have/had some really great toys! Welcome to RCH! Let us know if you have any questions that we can help with! We are happy to help.

:welcome1:

bing44

And you sir are a professional good guy. I watched your 3Gx videos and have seen none better. One thing though: my Mac Mini swallowed the instruction disk for my 3Gx. I thought you said you knew where a person could download a PDF of it along with the setup screens. ? :)

jim

Tony

Staff member
Thank you for that. As for the PDF's and instructions in print, since that video series, my life has become somewhat hectic. I have very little time for Rc, but I still try to get on here and help every chance I get. I still have the plans to get the other stuff made up, I'm just trying to find the time.

pvolcko

Welcome to the forum! Z06... Drewl. :) still one of my favorite cars. Want to own one before I depart.

murankar

Staff member
If your CD is a mini CD, then the Mac will eat it every time. Macs don't like mini cds.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

bing44

I got chastised for not reading the manual. But the damage is done and I'm not spending hundreds of dollars to get it out so I am going to see if I can beg, borrow, rent, or buy one. If I don't need it to set up the gyro fine, but it looks like the computer set up would be the easiest.

If your CD is a mini CD, then the Mac will eat it every time. Macs don't like mini cds.

wolfman76

wish I was closer I would be able to help get that disc out for you I just fixed my mother in laws MacBook g4 but I can tell you now it is going to require some disassembly to get it out.... and WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMLY!!!!!!

murankar

Staff member
Don't worry your not the first to do it. I didn't even know about that until a few weeks ago.

How hard is it to remove the drive and do you have a sub port?

You could try and external drive.

Can you get the software via download? If so then that could solve the issue for the time being.

Oh yeah I wasn't trying to chastise. Just trying to inform others who may not know.

Top Bottom